Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-22-2013, 10:19 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Best bi fold ramps for box truck?

Info: 2003 gmc w3500 cabover 18ft box 150in wb. Dovetail will make it too long so I need a bi fold ramp. Biggest mower is 1400lbs without me on it. I've goggled and researched handy ramps, usaramps. SLT, and one other can't remember the name. Looking for info from people that have used them or other brands out there. Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-12-2013, 05:45 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

About to pull the trigger on a handy ramp gas struct assit ramp. No body using bifold gates?
Old 07-18-2013, 08:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

nope got a fab shop to make hydralic door/ramp.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I use a folding lift and love it. Takes up very little space and is easier to load heavy items than with a ramp. Also easier to load material with a fork lift w/o a ramp in the way.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:13 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hydro ramp isn't in the budget on this truck. Maybe in the future with a nicer newer truck. Lift gate is just too slow and I think they only lift 1500lbs. Not sure if a cheetah would fit on it safely. I think the handy ramps are the only ones that will work for me. Thanks for the inputs.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:11 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Even the little lifts like I'm using are rated at 2000 lbs. Loading time is about 1 minute start to finish. How fast do you need to be?
Old 07-19-2013, 10:31 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by windflower View Post
Even the little lifts like I'm using are rated at 2000 lbs. Loading time is about 1 minute start to finish. How fast do you need to be?
So do you get off the mower to move the lift down. Then to load you have to park it on the lift and raise it up then get back on it and move it in the box? Sounds a little longer than a min but I don't know. How long and wide is the platform. That is also 1 min per piece of equipment. A ramp I think is still faster and no hydro stuff to leave you sitting. Also can unbolt ramps and put on another truck in the future.
Old 07-23-2013, 02:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseysmowing View Post
So do you get off the mower to move the lift down. Then to load you have to park it on the lift and raise it up then get back on it and move it in the box? Sounds a little longer than a min but I don't know. How long and wide is the platform. That is also 1 min per piece of equipment. A ramp I think is still faster and no hydro stuff to leave you sitting. Also can unbolt ramps and put on another truck in the future.
I totally agree with the last sentance. If you sell the truck take the ramp with you unless you've torn it up. Wil-ro here in Tennessee makes a nice setup for under 2k. They also have one that you just back up to and attach.

XW2200,XW2401,2006 XT3300 72 in,2013 Classic 3360;John Deere Gs30 Walkbehind,'85 Chevy 1 ton,03Chevy 3/4 ton,10 ft and 16 ft trailers,Redmax,Honda, and Shindaiwa handhelds