Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-22-2013, 07:08 PM
LawnSite Member

Has anyone used Taskeasy?

I found this site (www.taskeasy.com) when searching google today. Has anyone used their service before? It seems like a cool idea but kind seems like a scam.

Thoughts?
Old 07-23-2013, 04:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Nobody? Can any more experienced guys take a look at their site and tell me what they think?
Old 07-23-2013, 05:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

looks like an outfit that called me the other day, Construction Contractors(?) that does a background on you at your cost ($99) and then connects you with people you may get work with, anyways. The advantage here is there is a "national presence" that someone can call, and then you get the work, that is, you and whoever else in your area is on contract with them.

The sales pitch I got was, "I see by briefly searching now, that there is well over 6 months worth of work in your area" and "materials will be on site for you, and the pay rates are normally around $200 per day."
Old 07-23-2013, 06:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks Pete! Shelling out $99 for a background check seems like a waste unless I know they're going to be providing revenue.

I called Taskeasy and it seemed somewhat unprofessional. It seemed like they just buy ads on google, give quotes through their online tool, and then try to find a contractor willing to do the job. I'm not so confident in their pricing tool. What if someone has a 1/4 acre lot full of trees? I don't want to be on the hook for doing that for some BS price.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:41 PM
LawnSite Member

No fee for background checks

Actually, TaskEasy does NOT charge a fee for background checks (although they do them at their cost for their contractors). You may be thinking of another company.

Oh, and TaskEasy attempts to determine fair market pricing for jobs. However, just signing up as a contractor doesn't obligate you to do it at that price. You can always reject a job offered to you.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Just for info without any taskeasy pricing, the average price to mow, blow, edge my yard would ~40 bucks for a weekly service in my area

Sounds pretty good for the consumer. I went through the motions of a
consumer looking to get my grass cut. They have a tool like findlotsize.com where the consumer measures their own square footage of the yard and it spits out a price. (Also has a section where the h/o lists any obstacles, overgrown yards, and other time sensitive problems)

It gives the option of basic, standard, and premium pricing.
Basic 34 weekly 40 biweekly 50 one time cut
Standard 41 '' 49 '' 61
Premium 56 '' 68 '' 84

The only difference between basic and standard is regular adjustment of sprinklers. And the dif. between standard and premium is routine maintenance to plants and flower beds.

So I would choose the 34 weekly option. Then the h/o has the option of choosing what day they want it cut for an extra 14 surcharge (not sure if this goes into take easy's pocket or the split with the contractor).
I then go ahead and plug in my CC info and pay.

Money is held in an escrow and is released when the h/o considers the job done. If h/o isn't satisfied they give the LCO a chance to come back and make it right.

The real question is what percentage of that 34 dollars for my weekly cut do they take??
Old 08-08-2013, 05:24 PM
LawnSite Member

I recently got a call from them and received 3 yards from them. Seems to be legit been doing these 3 yards every two weeks for 4 cuts now and always receive payment within 3 to 5 business days. They did not ask for a background check just ask a few questions.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdlawn View Post
I recently got a call from them and received 3 yards from them. Seems to be legit been doing these 3 yards every two weeks for 4 cuts now and always receive payment within 3 to 5 business days. They did not ask for a background check just ask a few questions.
So what percentage of the total cost do they take. For example, on my yard costing 41 dollars, how much do you actually walk away with?
Old 08-08-2013, 07:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I just decided to request an invitation for Taskeasy. The system appears pretty easy to use, and if the terms are right, and it gets me more calls, then gravy! (vegetarian gravy, but gravy!) And, if it is a 5-8% fee on money I am not making now, I think I can live with the costs.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

funny, i did the same thing a while back, nifty little system they got there. You actually measure your own lawn and submit. I assume the contractor doesn't get very much. there is another company that does the same thing, and look what their contractors get to make! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z0meF-_b1I I'd get a part time job flipping burgers before i went that route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will P.C. View Post
Just for info without any taskeasy pricing, the average price to mow, blow, edge my yard would ~40 bucks for a weekly service in my area

Sounds pretty good for the consumer. I went through the motions of a
consumer looking to get my grass cut. They have a tool like findlotsize.com where the consumer measures their own square footage of the yard and it spits out a price. (Also has a section where the h/o lists any obstacles, overgrown yards, and other time sensitive problems)

It gives the option of basic, standard, and premium pricing.
Basic 34 weekly 40 biweekly 50 one time cut
Standard 41 '' 49 '' 61
Premium 56 '' 68 '' 84

The only difference between basic and standard is regular adjustment of sprinklers. And the dif. between standard and premium is routine maintenance to plants and flower beds.

So I would choose the 34 weekly option. Then the h/o has the option of choosing what day they want it cut for an extra 14 surcharge (not sure if this goes into take easy's pocket or the split with the contractor).
I then go ahead and plug in my CC info and pay.

Money is held in an escrow and is released when the h/o considers the job done. If h/o isn't satisfied they give the LCO a chance to come back and make it right.

The real question is what percentage of that 34 dollars for my weekly cut do they take??