Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 07-23-2013, 08:12 PM
noahb195's Avatar
noahb195 noahb195 is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Columbia, South Carolina
Posts: 961
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dog Diablo View Post
Thank you. I dont really drive it unless Im mowing. Ive got a little geo tracker lifted 4" with 31's that is my beat around.
I almost bought one of those about a year ago. But instead I bought a '96 jeep grand cherokee with a 3in lift, that turned out to be the biggest hunk of dump. So i traded up to a '12 dodge 1500 hemi.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-23-2013, 08:22 PM
Snyder's Lawn Inc's Avatar
Snyder's Lawn Inc Snyder's Lawn Inc is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Kirksville Mo
Posts: 3,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahb195 View Post
I almost bought one of those about a year ago. But instead I bought a '96 jeep grand cherokee with a 3in lift, that turned out to be the biggest hunk of dump. So i traded up to a '12 dodge 1500 hemi.
I have a Kia Sportage 2 door with 3.5'' lift its been a fun rig Hunting or running bids 28 hwy 20 city
At the farm I can take down atv trails and stay in the ac


Claxton nice truck
Your Big Dog was it cheaper the The hustler. I seen them at Expo and looking at there WB
__________________
Snyder's New Lawn Service Inc.
Since 1981
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-23-2013, 08:34 PM
noahb195's Avatar
noahb195 noahb195 is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Columbia, South Carolina
Posts: 961
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyder's Lawn Inc View Post
I have a Kia Sportage 2 door with 3.5'' lift its been a fun rig Hunting or running bids 28 hwy 20 city
At the farm I can take down atv trails and stay in the ac


Claxton nice truck
Your Big Dog was it cheaper the The hustler. I seen them at Expo and looking at there WB
That sounds pretty neat!

I've never even heard of big dog. They do resemble a snapper to me though. Sorry for hijacking your thread big dog!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-23-2013, 08:40 PM
Snyder's Lawn Inc's Avatar
Snyder's Lawn Inc Snyder's Lawn Inc is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Kirksville Mo
Posts: 3,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahb195 View Post
That sounds pretty neat!

I've never even heard of big dog. They do resemble a snapper to me though. Sorry for hijacking your thread big dog!
A Big Dog is a Hustler knock off Think with close to same features as Hustlers
__________________
Snyder's New Lawn Service Inc.
Since 1981
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-23-2013, 08:47 PM
Poopy Shoe's Avatar
Poopy Shoe Poopy Shoe is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Halfmoon Bay, BC
Posts: 33
Great looking rig. Sharp logo too.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-23-2013, 09:00 PM
Big Dog Diablo Big Dog Diablo is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Shelbyville TN
Posts: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyder's Lawn Inc View Post
I have a Kia Sportage 2 door with 3.5'' lift its been a fun rig Hunting or running bids 28 hwy 20 city
At the farm I can take down atv trails and stay in the ac


Claxton nice truck
Your Big Dog was it cheaper the The hustler. I seen them at Expo and looking at there WB
Yeah I love beating around in the tracker and i also use mine for hunting. The Big dog was roughly 10K but Im not sure how much the hustler's run. A friend of mine actually opened up his own business selling outdoor power equipment and he sales big dog and bad boy mowers. i needed/wanted a ZTR so i helped a buddy out. All out love the mower.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-23-2013, 09:32 PM
Big Dog Diablo Big Dog Diablo is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Shelbyville TN
Posts: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopy Shoe View Post
Great looking rig. Sharp logo too.
Thanks. got a friend that does graphics, shirts, etc...
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-23-2013, 09:46 PM
Big Dog Diablo Big Dog Diablo is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Shelbyville TN
Posts: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyder's Lawn Inc View Post
A Big Dog is a Hustler knock off Think with close to same features as Hustlers
Yeah by my understanding they are almost the same machine. Not real sure exaxtly what the differences are. I believe the Diablo has the deck that hustler was using a couple years back before they went to the VX4 deck. Same pumps and wheel motors. I know alot of the commercial guys around here that have been running Hustler's for the last few years are swapping over to the Diablo. they tell me that the mowers are so close that the Hustler is not worth the extra money.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-25-2013, 07:33 PM
Snyder's Lawn Inc's Avatar
Snyder's Lawn Inc Snyder's Lawn Inc is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Kirksville Mo
Posts: 3,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dog Diablo View Post
Yeah by my understanding they are almost the same machine. Not real sure exaxtly what the differences are. I believe the Diablo has the deck that hustler was using a couple years back before they went to the VX4 deck. Same pumps and wheel motors. I know alot of the commercial guys around here that have been running Hustler's for the last few years are swapping over to the Diablo. they tell me that the mowers are so close that the Hustler is not worth the extra money.
I notice that on the WB a lot cheaper and I couldn't tell the difference Red vs yellow
__________________
Snyder's New Lawn Service Inc.
Since 1981
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-25-2013, 08:29 PM
Big Dog Diablo Big Dog Diablo is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Shelbyville TN
Posts: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyder's Lawn Inc View Post
I notice that on the WB a lot cheaper and I couldn't tell the difference Red vs yellow
Yeah thats about it. I been noticing it has not been cutting quit as good as when i bought it. We checked the level of the deck and blades and all was good. Got to thinking today while mowing and took it back up there to have them check the RPM's of the motor and at full throttle it was 600 RPM's too low. Throttle cable had loosened up.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:27 AM.

Page generated in 0.08368 seconds with 10 queries