Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-22-2013, 01:10 PM
LawnSite Member

new guy from ct

i am new to cutting the lawns i just started this year but id love to expand i currently only have 4 accounts and only cut on tuesday cause i still have full time job attached is a pic of my setup i just need some more help with pricing for mulch and cutting im also thinking about changing my name starting next year upgrading to a truck hopefully a ford diesel and a better mower with more horsepower
Attached Images

Old 07-22-2013, 05:05 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickz123 View Post
i am new to cutting the lawns i just started this year but id love to expand i currently only have 4 accounts and only cut on tuesday cause i still have full time job attached is a pic of my setup i just need some more help with pricing for mulch and cutting im also thinking about changing my name starting next year upgrading to a truck hopefully a ford diesel and a better mower with more horsepower
keep your mower, and keep your jeep. get more accounts first.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:14 PM
LawnSite Member

Welcome. I'm also from CT, good luck to you - a lot of competition out there. I agree with RSK, if there isn't anything wrong with your Jeep & mower, why spend money you don't have yet? I would too get more accounts then you can take your profits and get ready to save for better, new equipment!

- Shindaiwa T242
- STIHL MS290 FarmBoss
- Echo PB500T

Starting 2014 - Solo Operation!
Old 07-22-2013, 10:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

once you have accounts for a few years, then go out and upgrade your mower when you know the income from mowing will support new equipment, don't go out and buy a truck and better equipment, first because then you rely on the work too much and stress out when you don't have enough work. and can't pay for stuff. I'm sure you have money saved from your full time job but its better to keep that money saved because its not from the landscaping.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:20 AM
LawnSite Member

thnak you for the input but everytime i get a account they ask if i do plowing and i obviously dont have a plow and also the mower i have works great but it bogs down sometimes when cutting and its not even long grass i was thinking maybe a bigger engine and it wouldnt do it
Old 07-24-2013, 08:33 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickz123 View Post
thnak you for the input but everytime i get a account they ask if i do plowing and i obviously dont have a plow and also the mower i have works great but it bogs down sometimes when cutting and its not even long grass i was thinking maybe a bigger engine and it wouldnt do it
This is where networking comes in handy in my opinion, get a good working relationship with someone who does snow removal, anytime you get someone inquiring drop their information. Anytime that he/she gets a job that they aren't willing to take - they drop your information.

- Shindaiwa T242
- STIHL MS290 FarmBoss
- Echo PB500T

Starting 2014 - Solo Operation!