Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-23-2012, 02:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Starting in Kansas City

I'm in my 2nd year of business here in KC. Very impressed with your setup. Looks top notch. I've tried to do the same with my company although on a much smaller scale. I have 1 FT and 2 PT employees plus I run the crew a few days a week.

We do wear full uniforms with our logo on the front and back. Just paid off my last piece of equipment last month and now we are debt free. Planning to keep it that way moving forward.

Since you've been in this 15+ years what is your exit strategy? How long to you plan to keep working? If you are a sole owner do you offer any bonus or dividends program for your workers or managers?

2009 F-250
2007 Silverado 1500
52" Exmark Vantage
52" Wright Sander X
36" Wright Stander
Sthil small equipment
Old 12-31-2012, 02:29 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Any updates?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-05-2013, 08:13 AM
LawnSite Member

Beautiful turf!
Old 05-18-2013, 01:02 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Any updates? I was out by your shop last week and thought of this thread.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-08-2013, 06:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Any Updates...

I read this entire thread and am inspired as a 13 year old.

Please keep posting!!!
Old 07-24-2013, 12:03 PM
LawnSite Member

Hey Ideal,
I have a landscape business for sale out of Willow Spring NC...Would you be interested?
Old 12-04-2013, 08:33 PM
Banned

Bump... Any updates?
Old 12-05-2013, 03:40 PM
LawnSite Member

This thread needs CPR!!
Old 01-21-2014, 07:50 PM
LawnSite Member

CPR? Puff...Puff...chest compressions. Breath bastard! Chest compressions...

Consider it resurrected...kind of.

Hey guys/gals, its Tim. As stated before, I am no longer with Ideal...but happy to say Im still in the business and still in NC. I left the "small" company world and joined what I thought was a great company. I was wrong! (I would love to go into detail, but even that isnt worth the time...corporate landscape is terrible, I will leave it at that!) I am however happy to report that I am going out on my own and either buying or starting from scratch a brand new company. I will be starting a new thread soon!

In the mean time...the reason this post died is more than likely because I left the company. I was always on the owner about being more into social networking and using the "interweb" as he would say. Chances are, especially since he is an "old guy" you wont hear from him again. Hopefully I can pick up where he left off. I have been in this business for about 12 years now and learned just about everything I know from him. With that being said, until I start my thread...ask away if you have any more questions about "success in the landscape world."

Once I start my company, I will be more that willing to have some "training days" and bring in some of you that are interested in learning...I really believe it makes a huge difference and want to help more people become successful in this industry...the right way!!

Its good to be back!
Old 01-22-2014, 02:14 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTNC View Post
CPR? Puff...Puff...chest compressions. Breath bastard! Chest compressions...

Consider it resurrected...kind of.

Hey guys/gals, its Tim. As stated before, I am no longer with Ideal...but happy to say Im still in the business and still in NC. I left the "small" company world and joined what I thought was a great company. I was wrong! (I would love to go into detail, but even that isnt worth the time...corporate landscape is terrible, I will leave it at that!) I am however happy to report that I am going out on my own and either buying or starting from scratch a brand new company. I will be starting a new thread soon!

In the mean time...the reason this post died is more than likely because I left the company. I was always on the owner about being more into social networking and using the "interweb" as he would say. Chances are, especially since he is an "old guy" you wont hear from him again. Hopefully I can pick up where he left off. I have been in this business for about 12 years now and learned just about everything I know from him. With that being said, until I start my thread...ask away if you have any more questions about "success in the landscape world."

Once I start my company, I will be more that willing to have some "training days" and bring in some of you that are interested in learning...I really believe it makes a huge difference and want to help more people become successful in this industry...the right way!!

Its good to be back!
Glad to hear from you again, I'll look forward to your thread...