Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #41  
Old 07-24-2013, 12:13 AM
JCLawn and more's Avatar
JCLawn and more JCLawn and more is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MI
Posts: 5,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by retrodog View Post
Mowers are usually the same, I have seen alot of dealers around the us sell for more than msrp. On the parts thats where dealers go crazy.... I have seen parts marked up another 20 to 40% over retail. I have a website where everything is msrp, the tractor dealers are the worst..... Some are complaining about my site starting to get alot of parts on there for just manufacturing retail....
So for in my experence grasshopper parts seem to be super cheap. Now my kubota is a whole different animal. $95 for a head light when it was $110 for the light kit which is 2 lights plus wiring? How about $120 for the seat mounting brackets. Freaking insane. Also retro do you sell grasshopper parts over the web? If so I know where I am shopping.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 07-24-2013, 02:25 AM
retrodog's Avatar
retrodog retrodog is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Paris, Tx
Posts: 2,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCLawn and more View Post
So for in my experence grasshopper parts seem to be super cheap. Now my kubota is a whole different animal. $95 for a head light when it was $110 for the light kit which is 2 lights plus wiring? How about $120 for the seat mounting brackets. Freaking insane. Also retro do you sell grasshopper parts over the web? If so I know where I am shopping.
I am staying low key as the company doesn't want me to. I have a few bearings and belts listed no pics or anything. Don't wanna push my luck with them too much. Over time i will add a few here and there... I am shocked at things like spindle bearings, $4.99 for greasable, and like $8.99 for sealed, I am used to bad boy, hustler etc like $26 each.... Just message me with order or text....
__________________

13 Gravely 460 60" 31hp
13 BB AOS 35hp 4 cylinder Cat 72"
13 BB XP 31hp Kawasaki 61", 13' 36hp 61 xp
2013 Grasshopper 325D 61" 4x rear discharge w/suspension forks !Awesome!
13 GH 725D Rear Discharge 61" 13' 430D 72"
07 Bad Boy Lightning 52 inch with 26hp LC Kawasaki (just hit 3000 hours and going strong after rolling down the road and totaling out at 22 hours!)
2012 Dodge 2500 Diesel 4x4 Custom!
08 Chevy 1500 v8 Shop dog
"Mow With an Attitude"
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 07-24-2013, 08:00 AM
JCLawn and more's Avatar
JCLawn and more JCLawn and more is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MI
Posts: 5,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by retrodog View Post
I am staying low key as the company doesn't want me to. I have a few bearings and belts listed no pics or anything. Don't wanna push my luck with them too much. Over time i will add a few here and there... I am shocked at things like spindle bearings, $4.99 for greasable, and like $8.99 for sealed, I am used to bad boy, hustler etc like $26 each.... Just message me with order or text....
this guy didn't get the memo haha http://www.the-mower-shop-inc.com/
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 07-24-2013, 03:53 PM
puppypaws's Avatar
puppypaws puppypaws is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Marshville,NC 28103
Posts: 7,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by retrodog View Post
I am staying low key as the company doesn't want me to. I have a few bearings and belts listed no pics or anything. Don't wanna push my luck with them too much. Over time i will add a few here and there... I am shocked at things like spindle bearings, $4.99 for greasable, and like $8.99 for sealed, I am used to bad boy, hustler etc like $26 each.... Just message me with order or text....
Do you not find the BB AOS to give the best ride of any mower you have listed in your profile, possibly better than any mower manufactured other than the Ferris?

From my experience it seemed the heavier weight of the AOS better suited the rubber composition of its suspension, whereas with the lighter Bad Boy mowers the suspension did not seem to absorb shock as efficiently.
__________________
Farm Mower
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 07-24-2013, 06:16 PM
Snyder's Lawn Inc's Avatar
Snyder's Lawn Inc Snyder's Lawn Inc is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Kirksville Mo
Posts: 3,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
I don't believe I would keep them inside on customer appreciation day, they look much more sale-able sitting on well manicured grass, and he sold more than the number you see in the picture that day.
Well my dealer show room would hold all that on there floor
__________________
Snyder's New Lawn Service Inc.
Since 1981
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 07-24-2013, 08:51 PM
retrodog's Avatar
retrodog retrodog is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Paris, Tx
Posts: 2,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCLawn and more View Post
this guy didn't get the memo haha http://www.the-mower-shop-inc.com/
Makes me go hmmmm. I may have to step up on my parts then...lol. I am 10% to 30% lower on parts just the ones I scanned over, may have to call my site guy to beef up the parts. I have almost all BB parts in there for sure, but it was a ton of work...
__________________

13 Gravely 460 60" 31hp
13 BB AOS 35hp 4 cylinder Cat 72"
13 BB XP 31hp Kawasaki 61", 13' 36hp 61 xp
2013 Grasshopper 325D 61" 4x rear discharge w/suspension forks !Awesome!
13 GH 725D Rear Discharge 61" 13' 430D 72"
07 Bad Boy Lightning 52 inch with 26hp LC Kawasaki (just hit 3000 hours and going strong after rolling down the road and totaling out at 22 hours!)
2012 Dodge 2500 Diesel 4x4 Custom!
08 Chevy 1500 v8 Shop dog
"Mow With an Attitude"
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 07-24-2013, 08:59 PM
retrodog's Avatar
retrodog retrodog is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Paris, Tx
Posts: 2,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
Do you not find the BB AOS to give the best ride of any mower you have listed in your profile, possibly better than any mower manufactured other than the Ferris?

From my experience it seemed the heavier weight of the AOS better suited the rubber composition of its suspension, whereas with the lighter Bad Boy mowers the suspension did not seem to absorb shock as efficiently.
Man honestly, I don't say much about Bad Boy, I am tired of beating my head against the wall, and arguing with some of the yay hoos on here. The AOS does ride really really good with the grammer seat on it, 35hp 4 cylinder cat is an absolute beast compared to any other tested. I used to hate the power deck lift until I got a 72" 30hp grasshopper with both, and its so hard to push the deck up with my foot I end up using the power lift anyways...lol. During demoing with all the brands I have I have yet to have someone say they like the bad boy less than any of the others, most say it throws grass out better, easier to work on, cheaper, stouter deck and frame, and rides better, they really are selling theirselves here..... I really just let my volume speak about Bad Boy Mowers. I sold 160 out of my house first year no one had ever heard of them around here, to being the largest volume dealer in the world 5 years later. And Bad boy is not small by any means, they are selling more 60" + mowers than anyone else, and growing every year with no debt, I am happy to be contributing to that...lol....
__________________

13 Gravely 460 60" 31hp
13 BB AOS 35hp 4 cylinder Cat 72"
13 BB XP 31hp Kawasaki 61", 13' 36hp 61 xp
2013 Grasshopper 325D 61" 4x rear discharge w/suspension forks !Awesome!
13 GH 725D Rear Discharge 61" 13' 430D 72"
07 Bad Boy Lightning 52 inch with 26hp LC Kawasaki (just hit 3000 hours and going strong after rolling down the road and totaling out at 22 hours!)
2012 Dodge 2500 Diesel 4x4 Custom!
08 Chevy 1500 v8 Shop dog
"Mow With an Attitude"
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 07-24-2013, 10:00 PM
puppypaws's Avatar
puppypaws puppypaws is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Marshville,NC 28103
Posts: 7,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by retrodog View Post
Man honestly, I don't say much about Bad Boy, I am tired of beating my head against the wall, and arguing with some of the yay hoos on here. The AOS does ride really really good with the grammer seat on it, 35hp 4 cylinder cat is an absolute beast compared to any other tested. I used to hate the power deck lift until I got a 72" 30hp grasshopper with both, and its so hard to push the deck up with my foot I end up using the power lift anyways...lol. During demoing with all the brands I have I have yet to have someone say they like the bad boy less than any of the others, most say it throws grass out better, easier to work on, cheaper, stouter deck and frame, and rides better, they really are selling theirselves here..... I really just let my volume speak about Bad Boy Mowers. I sold 160 out of my house first year no one had ever heard of them around here, to being the largest volume dealer in the world 5 years later. And Bad boy is not small by any means, they are selling more 60" + mowers than anyone else, and growing every year with no debt, I am happy to be contributing to that...lol....
The AOS I tested rode very good, maybe better than any mower built except for the Ferris 3100. The lighter Lightning model rode good, and I could cut comfortably at full speed, but I felt a little more jar as if there was not enough weight to compress the rubber shocks. The AOS was heavy enough with the diesel engine that the shocks worked much better, giving it a better ride over the Lightning. I would think the Outlaw to be about the same ride as the Lightning based on weight, that is unless they lightened up on the stiffness of the rubber on the lighter machine, which I told would not happen due to cost.
__________________
Farm Mower
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 07-24-2013, 10:03 PM
JCLawn and more's Avatar
JCLawn and more JCLawn and more is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MI
Posts: 5,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by retrodog View Post
Makes me go hmmmm. I may have to step up on my parts then...lol. I am 10% to 30% lower on parts just the ones I scanned over, may have to call my site guy to beef up the parts. I have almost all BB parts in there for sure, but it was a ton of work...
You know you would make a killing off of all of us.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 07-24-2013, 10:14 PM
Apples Apples is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Germantown, N.Y.
Posts: 257
Retro, Which mower do you like better, the GH 430, or the BB 72" diesel? Does one cut better then the other? Which deck lift works better?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:22 PM.

Page generated in 0.08175 seconds with 9 queries