Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #31  
Old 07-11-2013, 10:35 PM
tony b tony b is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Proctorville, Ohio
Posts: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
Vanguards are manufactured by Daihatsu, which is a division of Toyota (51.2%). B&S went in on the building of the manufacturing plant with Daihatsu, so that they could have the exclusive rights of distributorship of the Vaguard engine here in the US.
Just asking? Why did B&S enter into something called "the mitsubishi agreement" after having trouble with daihatsu?
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 07-11-2013, 10:54 PM
echo echo is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: somewhere out there
Posts: 1,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony b View Post
Just asking? Why did B&S enter into something called "the mitsubishi agreement" after having trouble with daihatsu?
While neither were/are "German engineering, Mitsubishi made the single cylinder motors, never the twin cylinders. Read the manual.

Last edited by echo; 07-11-2013 at 11:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 07-11-2013, 11:12 PM
Ridin' Green Ridin' Green is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony b View Post
Just asking? Why did B&S enter into something called "the mitsubishi agreement" after having trouble with daihatsu?
Sorry, I just saw this, but Echo gave you the answer to your question. Last year or the year before I posted a few links on here somewhere that contained all the info you could ever want about this subject. I just don't have a clue where to search for them now.

The twin cylinder Vanguards are highly regarded engines with well deserved reputations, and if given a choice, would always be my first pick even though I am a Kawi fan.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 07-11-2013, 11:16 PM
tony b tony b is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Proctorville, Ohio
Posts: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
Sorry, I just saw this, but Echo gave you the answer to your question. Last year or the year before I posted a few links on here somewhere that contained all the info you could ever want about this subject. I just don't have a clue where to search for them now.

The twin cylinder Vanguards are highly regarded engines with well deserved reputations, and if given a choice, would always be my first pick even though I am a Kawi fan.
Thanks for the info. We always use vanguards for replacement and usually get 3 times the service.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 07-25-2013, 03:22 AM
VotteroLandscapeCont's Avatar
VotteroLandscapeCont VotteroLandscapeCont is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Haverford, PA
Posts: 9
I'm glad to see I am it the only one having a bad experience with Kawi engines. I wish I would have came across this post 3 weeks ago.

I decided to go out and get myself a new 52" Exmark Pioneer with the 23HP FR691V Kawi engine. To my displeasure, a week after buying the new mower with Kawi engine, my BobCat 52" ProCat engine,19hp kawasaki fh580v-bs45, had seized with only 765 hours on it and 2 weeks out of warranty. If only I waited a bit longer for the new mower, I wouldn't have gotten one with a Kawi.

Regardless, I now have the new rider which is going well for now and I want to replace the engine on my BobCat. The exact model is kawasaki fh580v-bs45. Can anyone help me find a simalar Kohler or Briggs engine that will make for an easy swap out? I appreciate your help in advanced.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 07-25-2013, 03:33 AM
Ridin' Green Ridin' Green is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,889
Look up a member here named Retrodog. He is a mower dealer and a heck of a good guy that goes out of his way to help folks. If anyone would know the right answer for you, it'd probably be him.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 07-25-2013, 03:38 AM
VotteroLandscapeCont's Avatar
VotteroLandscapeCont VotteroLandscapeCont is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Haverford, PA
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
Look up a member here named Retrodog. He is a mower dealer and a heck of a good guy that goes out of his way to help folks. If anyone would know the right answer for you, it'd probably be him.
I appreciate such a quick reply and I appreciate the advice. I am glad i found this site, its nice to see others are willing to take the time to help random people.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 07-25-2013, 03:44 AM
Ridin' Green Ridin' Green is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,889
Happy to help. I should be sleeping, but I have a touch of insomnia lately so I'm still up reading here.

Here's a link to a post by him. Click on his name and it will open a drop down that should say send PM to Retrodog, then click that. Since you are so new, I'm not sure you can send a PM yet, but if not, just quote him and post when the window opens up. He'll see it sooner or later (usually sooner) and reply-

http://www.lawnsite.com/showpost.php...5&postcount=51

Last edited by Ridin' Green; 07-25-2013 at 03:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 07-25-2013, 09:34 AM
MJB's Avatar
MJB MJB is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Wa
Posts: 2,868
Quote:
Originally Posted by VotteroLandscapeCont View Post
I'm glad to see I am it the only one having a bad experience with Kawi engines. I wish I would have came across this post 3 weeks ago.

I decided to go out and get myself a new 52" Exmark Pioneer with the 23HP FR691V Kawi engine. To my displeasure, a week after buying the new mower with Kawi engine, my BobCat 52" ProCat engine,19hp kawasaki fh580v-bs45, had seized with only 765 hours on it and 2 weeks out of warranty. If only I waited a bit longer for the new mower, I wouldn't have gotten one with a Kawi.

Regardless, I now have the new rider which is going well for now and I want to replace the engine on my BobCat. The exact model is kawasaki fh580v-bs45. Can anyone help me find a simalar Kohler or Briggs engine that will make for an easy swap out? I appreciate your help in advanced.
Sorry to hear about your Kawasaki . How does the new Pioneer compare to the Bobcat, does it stick on hills? Im ordering the 60" with the Kohler and mulch kit. I can't find one to look at other than the video on the website which helps a lot.
__________________
MJB

2013 Exmark Pioneer S 60" Ultracut (Review with pics) http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=410996

2010 Badboy Outlaw 6100 31 KAWI

2008 Exmark Lazer Z AS 60" U/C 28 Kawi

2000 Exmark Lazer Z 60" L/C Kawi 4100 + hrs strong
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 07-25-2013, 10:04 AM
MJB's Avatar
MJB MJB is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Wa
Posts: 2,868
oopps double post.
__________________
MJB

2013 Exmark Pioneer S 60" Ultracut (Review with pics) http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=410996

2010 Badboy Outlaw 6100 31 KAWI

2008 Exmark Lazer Z AS 60" U/C 28 Kawi

2000 Exmark Lazer Z 60" L/C Kawi 4100 + hrs strong

Last edited by MJB; 07-25-2013 at 10:09 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:40 AM.

Page generated in 0.09676 seconds with 9 queries