Register free!

Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #11  
Old 07-22-2013, 01:49 PM
Wet_Boots's Avatar
Wet_Boots Wet_Boots is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: metro NYC
Posts: 40,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Leary View Post
Piece of junk, as I recall. Instead of the stainless arc discs, they cheapened it up with VANs and plastic arc discs. Finally dropped the the idea, due to the death threats. I seem to remember it as the 340.
You are confusing model numbers. I'll find one and post some photos.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-22-2013, 02:48 PM
1idejim's Avatar
1idejim 1idejim is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: State of Jefferson
Posts: 6,988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet_Boots View Post
You are confusing model numbers. I'll find one and post some photos.
. . . . . . .!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-22-2013, 09:06 PM
Mike Leary's Avatar
Mike Leary Mike Leary is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cactus Hug, Arizona
Posts: 20,565
Mr. History lesson of crappy stuff does it again.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-22-2013, 09:36 PM
Wet_Boots's Avatar
Wet_Boots Wet_Boots is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: metro NYC
Posts: 40,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Leary View Post
Mr. History lesson of crappy stuff does it again.
You're just jealous you don't have one.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-25-2013, 06:28 PM
grassman177's Avatar
grassman177 grassman177 is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: leavenworth, kansas
Posts: 9,789
so, i was not on here for a bit, lol

so i was looking to retrofit some terrible designs with it, and was liking the extra throw of 35 ft.

why would you not design with them? not that i am specifically for OR against, just curious. i feel the slightly lower gpm would be handy on some places where you can fit that extra head and not overextend your zone design etc.
__________________
all is fair in love and grass! Man, it smells like sheet, do you smell that!!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-25-2013, 06:55 PM
Wet_Boots's Avatar
Wet_Boots Wet_Boots is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: metro NYC
Posts: 40,361
Why do you design with a Rotator that doesn't match the application rate of the other Rotators? You tell us.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-25-2013, 09:24 PM
ArTurf ArTurf is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ark
Posts: 2,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by grassman177 View Post
so, i was not on here for a bit, lol

so i was looking to retrofit some terrible designs with it, and was liking the extra throw of 35 ft.

why would you not design with them? not that i am specifically for OR against, just curious. i feel the slightly lower gpm would be handy on some places where you can fit that extra head and not overextend your zone design etc.
I would design for them thoug prob would only space them 30'. I limit the MP3000 to about 25'. I haven't got around to checking the actual throw of the 3500. I like the uniform coverage of the MP's and where cost is not an issue and the distances fit I tend to use them.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-25-2013, 11:52 PM
GreenLight GreenLight is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Posts: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet_Boots View Post
Why do you design with a Rotator that doesn't match the application rate of the other Rotators? You tell us.
In fairness, it's still pretty darn close. We are talking like 1/20th of an inch over the course of an hour difference when compared against the other rotators average.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-26-2013, 12:45 AM
cjohn2000's Avatar
cjohn2000 cjohn2000 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posts: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArTurf View Post
I would design for them thoug prob would only space them 30'. I limit the MP3000 to about 25'. I haven't got around to checking the actual throw of the 3500. I like the uniform coverage of the MP's and where cost is not an issue and the distances fit I tend to use them.
My point exactly. My boss used a bunch of those precision rotating nozzles the other day. Theyre pretty cool, not much on the radius end, may be 16' but nice solid streams and low trajectory angle.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-26-2013, 03:04 PM
ArTurf ArTurf is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ark
Posts: 2,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjohn2000 View Post
My point exactly. My boss used a bunch of those precision rotating nozzles the other day. Theyre pretty cool, not much on the radius end, may be 16' but nice solid streams and low trajectory angle.
Most of the installers in my area are going to do the cheapest route possible, choke down a PGP to less than 20' rather than use a MP. Most of them do not even know what a MP Rotator is, seriously.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:01 PM.

Page generated in 0.09234 seconds with 9 queries