Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-25-2013, 10:47 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I ordered my new mower today video inside.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFvUXOKRCK4 Video is the 52"

I ordered the 60" Pioneer S Has a Kohler 740cc series 4 Ultracut deck,
ZT3400 tran $7295 +mulching kit + tax..

I needed a lighter 60" mower than will not run in the same ruts as my other Lazers, this weighs in at 1050 lbs and will get a lot of use over my heavier Lazers.

2013 Exmark Pioneer S 60" Ultracut (Review with pics) http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=410996

2010 Badboy Outlaw 6100 31 KAWI

2008 Exmark Lazer Z AS 60" U/C 28 Kawi

2000 Exmark Lazer Z 60" L/C Kawi 4100 + hrs strong
Old 07-25-2013, 11:21 PM
LawnSite Member

I bought the same mower couple weeks ago and I have 25 hours on it and love the cut, so far really happy with it, only problem I,ve had was one of the front tires kept breaking the bead and going flat, not being rough with it, after the fifth time having it go flat, I took it back to the dealer and they put some type of tire sealant around the bead and so far no further problems. Also it would be nice to upgrade the seat, not the most comfortable, but I will deal with it.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:08 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkeeling View Post
I bought the same mower couple weeks ago and I have 25 hours on it and love the cut, so far really happy with it, only problem I,ve had was one of the front tires kept breaking the bead and going flat, not being rough with it, after the fifth time having it go flat, I took it back to the dealer and they put some type of tire sealant around the bead and so far no further problems. Also it would be nice to upgrade the seat, not the most comfortable, but I will deal with it.
Good to hear, I compared it with my Lazer Z AS and they are very simular. I took off the front forks and put on the wide ones and tires on the Lazer Z's and it worked
great, I might do the same if those skinny front tires bug me. You can buy just the seat upgrade forgot what it is called you bolt your seat to it just like a suspension seat for $200 last time I checked.

Can you post a picture of your mower I wanted to see how much extra trim side the deck has as the mower wheel base is narrower than the full size Lazer wheelbase, making the deck stick out further outside the tires.

2013 Exmark Pioneer S 60" Ultracut (Review with pics) http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=410996

Old 07-26-2013, 11:25 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

That reminds me of the gravely 100 series and I like mine for the very same reasons. It has a narrower track to get out of the tracks of the wider framed 460, more deck overhang for trimming under stuff, it is lighter and easier on turf and it is very easy to whip around lawns where as I am more careful with the bigger framed 460. That is the original ultra cut and we all know how nice they cut in good conditions. Should serve you very well!
2004 Gravely 34Z
1998 Lazer Z HP 48 (old faithful)
Old 07-27-2013, 01:50 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStreetCamaro View Post
That reminds me of the gravely 100 series and I like mine for the very same reasons. It has a narrower track to get out of the tracks of the wider framed 460, more deck overhang for trimming under stuff, it is lighter and easier on turf and it is very easy to whip around lawns where as I am more careful with the bigger framed 460. That is the original ultra cut and we all know how nice they cut in good conditions. Should serve you very well!
The only drawback is its a little slower than my other mowers, but its exactly what I was looking for and I'm still making a 60" swath. Sometimes we get caught up on having the bigger heavier cadilac mowers, which is good for the big jobs, but having a lighter 60 " mower makes a lot of sense for the rest of the jobs. Plus like you said moving the footprint over helps a bunch.

The thing I wonder about is these new mowers with 2 grease zerks can not last as long can they as a mower with more grease points?

Old 07-27-2013, 09:11 AM
LawnSite Member

60" Pioneer S

Bought mine last Fall. 40 hours so far ( I am not commercial). Like my Z. I do not like the gas tank fill on the side and would like to have a gas gauge.
Otherwise been pleased ---so far.
JLMnGA
Old 07-27-2013, 06:57 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB View Post
The only drawback is its a little slower than my other mowers, but its exactly what I was looking for and I'm still making a 60" swath. Sometimes we get caught up on having the bigger heavier cadilac mowers, which is good for the big jobs, but having a lighter 60 " mower makes a lot of sense for the rest of the jobs. Plus like you said moving the footprint over helps a bunch.

The thing I wonder about is these new mowers with 2 grease zerks can not last as long can they as a mower with more grease points?

I think it really depends. If the seals hold and dont leak out the grease then I can see stuff lasting a long time because todays newer synthetic grease is incredible. Our little 34Z has sealed spindles with 2000 hours on them. Our 160Z has 1600 hours and no failures yet. Our old 48" lazer has 2500 hours and it HAD sealed spindles but I have replaced them all twice and one of them 3 times. I replaced them all with aftermarket spindles with grease fittings the last time so hopefully these last longer than the shitty oem spindles.
2004 Gravely 34Z
1998 Lazer Z HP 48 (old faithful)
Old 07-27-2013, 07:31 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStreetCamaro View Post
I think it really depends. If the seals hold and dont leak out the grease then I can see stuff lasting a long time because todays newer synthetic grease is incredible. Our little 34Z has sealed spindles with 2000 hours on them. Our 160Z has 1600 hours and no failures yet. Our old 48" lazer has 2500 hours and it HAD sealed spindles but I have replaced them all twice and one of them 3 times. I replaced them all with aftermarket spindles with grease fittings the last time so hopefully these last longer than the shitty oem spindles.
I've had good luck with sealed spindles for 15 yrs and up to 3500 hrs before they got sloppy and I replaced with greasable. But I was really talking about what happens when you wear out other movable parts like the deck lift mechanism, or deck braces, I guess I will understand more when I can visually look at how these new mowers are built. I won't see the new exmark for 3 weeks. I like to keep mowers for a long time so as long as I can buy new bolt on parts I'll be happy.