Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-28-2013, 01:23 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Clean View Post
It seems that the market is a strange one. I have heard of bids ranging from $30 - $10 for the residentials I do. I flat them out at 7.50 if they sign on weekly. $10 if they don't. Either way its 7.50 for 4-15 minutes of my time. Either way my point is some customers feel some prices are too high while others not so much, if you're comfortable at $40 then stick with it.
This has got to be the most ridiculous post I've seen yet on here! You had better be charging a minimum of $1/min and that's a bare minimum. When you figure your cost of doing business you need to have this figure as a reference so you don't get over loaded with to much cost.

Last edited by cpllawncare; 07-28-2013 at 01:31 AM.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:53 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

There it is boys!
We have an official winner of the race to the bottom.

This race officially sponsored by Ryobi, Homelite, Craftsman and the 1989 Geo Metro its all loaded in.
Old 07-28-2013, 11:04 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Those are 25 yrs ago postage stamp lawn prices, should be double that if you are mowing, blowing, and trimming. Wait till taxes and expenses hit your working for free.

2013 Exmark Pioneer S 60" Ultracut (Review with pics) http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=410996

2010 Badboy Outlaw 6100 31 KAWI

2008 Exmark Lazer Z AS 60" U/C 28 Kawi

2000 Exmark Lazer Z 60" L/C Kawi 4100 + hrs strong
Old 07-28-2013, 09:10 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB View Post
Those are 25 yrs ago postage stamp lawn prices, should be double that if you are mowing, blowing, and trimming. Wait till taxes and expenses hit your working for free.
DOUBLE? More like triple or quad troupe even for postage lots you still have to make money!
Old 07-28-2013, 09:16 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpllawncare View Post
DOUBLE? More like triple or quad troupe even for postage lots you still have to make money!
I was thinking if there were several in a row. Keep in mind a 30 dollar lawn is like 3 postage stamp lawns . You show me where you can $25 to 28 per postage stamp lawn and Im moving there to retire mowing them.

2013 Exmark Pioneer S 60" Ultracut (Review with pics) http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=410996

2010 Badboy Outlaw 6100 31 KAWI

2008 Exmark Lazer Z AS 60" U/C 28 Kawi

2000 Exmark Lazer Z 60" L/C Kawi 4100 + hrs strong
Old 07-28-2013, 09:30 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB View Post
I was thinking if there were several in a row. Keep in mind a 30 dollar lawn is like 3 postage stamp lawns . You show me where you can $25 to 28 per postage stamp lawn and Im moving there to retire mowing them.
Good luck finding that! 28 postage lawns in a row yea! I've got 40 right here beside me but they all mow there own lawn and I would too! it's the reason they bought a postage size lot, so they wouldn't have to pay someone to mow it! think about it!
Old 08-16-2013, 11:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Townhouses gentlemen. A lot of them require you to maintain your own lawn. I just broke into this market near me. Building lots of volume for 20-25 a piece. Two stripes in the front, two stripes in the back, weed eat and you're done blowing it off ten minutes later by yourself. Build volume, and you're looking at huge, huge money.
Old 08-17-2013, 07:14 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

$7.50? For that pay you might as well work at Burger King! Same pay and less labor intensive!
Old 08-17-2013, 08:16 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenningsLandscaping View Post
Townhouses gentlemen. A lot of them require you to maintain your own lawn. I just broke into this market near me. Building lots of volume for 20-25 a piece. Two stripes in the front, two stripes in the back, weed eat and you're done blowing it off ten minutes later by yourself. Build volume, and you're looking at huge, huge money.
Cheap prices =VOLUME = working yourself to death! Volume is fine as long as your not the one doing the work. not a good plan for a solo guy, if you've got the capital to build volume and have payroll, that works! Why do you think the retail segment can't afford to hire employees! They have cheap prices with high volume but it's not enough to have a decent work force! Not the business model I want to be in!
Old 08-17-2013, 08:30 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpllawncare View Post
Cheap prices =VOLUME = working yourself to death! Volume is fine as long as your not the one doing the work. not a good plan for a solo guy, if you've got the capital to build volume and have payroll, that works! Why do you think the retail segment can't afford to hire employees! They have cheap prices with high volume but it's not enough to have a decent work force! Not the business model I want to be in!
The return on your time and their siZe on these lawns
Is substantially better than the big ones. Ten of these is an acre of grass.