Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-28-2013, 06:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag360 View Post
I think I remember someone having a problem with the T setup on here years ago. When both tanks were full and they mowed hillsides the upper tank would drain into the lower one and come out the cap. Not an issue with new machines but maybe something to keep in mind.
I guess his machine must have had the fuel lines coming from bottom of tank.

With the top draw it shouldn't be an issue, if it happened to cause a prob I would fit 2 little inline check valves. Shouldn't be more than a few dollars for all these parts.
Old 07-28-2013, 06:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbeek View Post
It looks like the high back seat. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=402178&page=20

I haven't spent much time in mine yet, but the first thing i looked for was an adjuster to straighten the back up a bit, but no adjustment there.
Cheers! I should have had those pix in the beginning of this thread I didn't think I was going to make this one when I loaded them.

Did you find the adjusters on the arm rests, might be of help to prevent your arm slipping off?
Old 07-28-2013, 06:50 PM
LawnSite Member

Ferris 3100Z B&S Vanguard 36 hp

I have about 16 hours on my machine now and have changed blades once. Changed oil at 6 hrs. and have only added 1/2 qt since. Checked my gph yesterday and I burned exactly 5 measured gallons in 2 hrs and 57 minutes. That would be about 1.65 gph. Think last time I checked was closer to 1.5 but did mow some big weeds in addition to grass this time around. So far this is a great machine, comfortable and a good cut. BTW, I did get the optional seat and it does have both a lumbar and seat back adjustment. Worth the extra $$ but negotiated mine on the purchase.
Old 07-28-2013, 06:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Growin Green View Post
http://www.lawnsite.com/showpost.php...&postcount=193 Do the fans over the hydro pumps keep them free of debris like they say they will? My Toro does not have them.
I think they would do a great job of this. They run from the hydro pumps themselves, not electric fans as I thought they were. Anyway they create quite a good amount of air flow, which will certainly keep grass clippings etc from building up around the pumps!
Old 07-28-2013, 06:54 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenology View Post
Cheers! I should have had those pix in the beginning of this thread I didn't think I was going to make this one when I loaded them.

Did you find the adjusters on the arm rests, might be of help to prevent your arm slipping off?
Yep Greeno. I found them. Probably need some fine tuning as I go along.
I'll get a few hours on it later this week.
Old 07-28-2013, 06:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmmower View Post
I have about 16 hours on my machine now and have changed blades once. Changed oil at 6 hrs. and have only added 1/2 qt since. Checked my gph yesterday and I burned exactly 5 measured gallons in 2 hrs and 57 minutes. That would be about 1.65 gph. Think last time I checked was closer to 1.5 but did mow some big weeds in addition to grass this time around. So far this is a great machine, comfortable and a good cut. BTW, I did get the optional seat and it does have both a lumbar and seat back adjustment. Worth the extra $$ but negotiated mine on the purchase.
I changed mine on the w/e, 4.9hrs. Did you use the Briggs sae 30? Im a little surprised to hear u used that much oil over 10hrs, unless this is typical of breaking in an engine? Or if u use a multi grade oil then I guess that's understandable.

The fuel usage figures appear to be pretty good.
Old 07-28-2013, 06:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenology View Post
I think they would do a great job of this. They run from the hydro pumps themselves, not electric fans as I thought they were. Anyway they create quite a good amount of air flow, which will certainly keep grass clippings etc from building up around the pumps!
That's interesting. I did not even notice they are not electric.
Old 07-28-2013, 06:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbeek View Post
Yep Greeno. I found them. Probably need some fine tuning as I go along.
I'll get a few hours on it later this week.
Same here, only have 2 small jobs later in the week

Guess we should make the most of it, another month and it wont be so quiet
Old 07-28-2013, 07:01 PM
LawnSite Member

I switched to the suggested 5W30 Mobil One syn. I didn't think a half quart, could have been a little less, was too bad for a new engine but not sure. Ok if it doesn't increase.
Old 07-28-2013, 07:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Growin Green View Post
That's interesting. I did not even notice they are not electric.
Yea I assumed they would be electric, but on closer inspection not so. Im not sure why they did away with the shrouds, maybe leaves and grass build up on top of them & render them useless. Havnt had that problem on other ZTRs but its all I can think off.