Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #131  
Old 07-28-2013, 06:38 PM
greenology's Avatar
greenology greenology is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag360 View Post
I think I remember someone having a problem with the T setup on here years ago. When both tanks were full and they mowed hillsides the upper tank would drain into the lower one and come out the cap. Not an issue with new machines but maybe something to keep in mind.
I guess his machine must have had the fuel lines coming from bottom of tank.

With the top draw it shouldn't be an issue, if it happened to cause a prob I would fit 2 little inline check valves. Shouldn't be more than a few dollars for all these parts.
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 07-28-2013, 06:43 PM
greenology's Avatar
greenology greenology is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by edbeek View Post
It looks like the high back seat. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=402178&page=20

I haven't spent much time in mine yet, but the first thing i looked for was an adjuster to straighten the back up a bit, but no adjustment there.
Cheers! I should have had those pix in the beginning of this thread I didn't think I was going to make this one when I loaded them.

Did you find the adjusters on the arm rests, might be of help to prevent your arm slipping off?
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 07-28-2013, 06:50 PM
farmmower farmmower is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: south of Kansas City
Posts: 135
Ferris 3100Z B&S Vanguard 36 hp

I have about 16 hours on my machine now and have changed blades once. Changed oil at 6 hrs. and have only added 1/2 qt since. Checked my gph yesterday and I burned exactly 5 measured gallons in 2 hrs and 57 minutes. That would be about 1.65 gph. Think last time I checked was closer to 1.5 but did mow some big weeds in addition to grass this time around. So far this is a great machine, comfortable and a good cut. BTW, I did get the optional seat and it does have both a lumbar and seat back adjustment. Worth the extra $$ but negotiated mine on the purchase.
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 07-28-2013, 06:52 PM
greenology's Avatar
greenology greenology is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Growin Green View Post
http://www.lawnsite.com/showpost.php...&postcount=193 Do the fans over the hydro pumps keep them free of debris like they say they will? My Toro does not have them.
I think they would do a great job of this. They run from the hydro pumps themselves, not electric fans as I thought they were. Anyway they create quite a good amount of air flow, which will certainly keep grass clippings etc from building up around the pumps!
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 07-28-2013, 06:54 PM
edbeek edbeek is online now
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Queensland, AU
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenology View Post
Cheers! I should have had those pix in the beginning of this thread I didn't think I was going to make this one when I loaded them.

Did you find the adjusters on the arm rests, might be of help to prevent your arm slipping off?
Yep Greeno. I found them. Probably need some fine tuning as I go along.
I'll get a few hours on it later this week.
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 07-28-2013, 06:56 PM
greenology's Avatar
greenology greenology is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmmower View Post
I have about 16 hours on my machine now and have changed blades once. Changed oil at 6 hrs. and have only added 1/2 qt since. Checked my gph yesterday and I burned exactly 5 measured gallons in 2 hrs and 57 minutes. That would be about 1.65 gph. Think last time I checked was closer to 1.5 but did mow some big weeds in addition to grass this time around. So far this is a great machine, comfortable and a good cut. BTW, I did get the optional seat and it does have both a lumbar and seat back adjustment. Worth the extra $$ but negotiated mine on the purchase.
I changed mine on the w/e, 4.9hrs. Did you use the Briggs sae 30? Im a little surprised to hear u used that much oil over 10hrs, unless this is typical of breaking in an engine? Or if u use a multi grade oil then I guess that's understandable.

The fuel usage figures appear to be pretty good.
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 07-28-2013, 06:57 PM
Growin Green Growin Green is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: South East WI.
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenology View Post
I think they would do a great job of this. They run from the hydro pumps themselves, not electric fans as I thought they were. Anyway they create quite a good amount of air flow, which will certainly keep grass clippings etc from building up around the pumps!
That's interesting. I did not even notice they are not electric.
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 07-28-2013, 06:58 PM
greenology's Avatar
greenology greenology is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by edbeek View Post
Yep Greeno. I found them. Probably need some fine tuning as I go along.
I'll get a few hours on it later this week.
Same here, only have 2 small jobs later in the week

Guess we should make the most of it, another month and it wont be so quiet
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 07-28-2013, 07:01 PM
farmmower farmmower is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: south of Kansas City
Posts: 135
I switched to the suggested 5W30 Mobil One syn. I didn't think a half quart, could have been a little less, was too bad for a new engine but not sure. Ok if it doesn't increase.
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 07-28-2013, 07:01 PM
greenology's Avatar
greenology greenology is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Growin Green View Post
That's interesting. I did not even notice they are not electric.
Yea I assumed they would be electric, but on closer inspection not so. Im not sure why they did away with the shrouds, maybe leaves and grass build up on top of them & render them useless. Havnt had that problem on other ZTRs but its all I can think off.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:08 PM.

Page generated in 0.10670 seconds with 10 queries