Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-17-2013, 10:37 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Deere still makes the older quick Traks (the A model in the line-up) that have the 7 Iron II deck, and now the ones that GMLC mentioned. I like the new ones, but I hear the same issues as he does about that deck. You won't hear any complaints about the 7 IronII from anyone, but the older style machine it is mounted to may not be in quite the same league as the new Deere/Wright model.

Like GMLC said- demo on your places to decide. I liked the Gravely very much even though I was quite awkward on it at first. It is very smooth, and the cut during my short demo was awesome.

http://www.deere.com/wps/dcom/en_US/...k_mowers.page?
Old 07-29-2013, 11:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm getting a demo this coming Wednesday in the afternoon on the pro stance 52. I must say that LH Jones out of Morgantown,wv stepped up to the plate and were the only dealer to offer this. Being they are driving over an hour away from there.

Last edited by aaronmg; 07-29-2013 at 11:50 PM. Reason: added thought
Old 07-30-2013, 05:42 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronmg View Post
I'm getting a demo this coming Wednesday in the afternoon on the pro stance 52. I must say that LH Jones out of Morgantown,wv stepped up to the plate and were the only dealer to offer this. Being they are driving over an hour away from there.
Nice!! Let us know what you think. Its a great machine.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I hadn't even considered gravely until i stopped at a dealer in Boston on vacation and checked out the pro stance . He also had a vantage there and it seemed like a toy compared to the pro stance. I will be buying a 52 or 60 inch stander in the next year or so hopefully. Im very interested in the pro stance. I would love to demo one. It seems like it has everything i need at a cheaper price as well. This thread has gotten me a ton more interested too and it really has me wanting to demo one!
Old 07-30-2013, 04:52 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakes mowing View Post
I hadn't even considered gravely until i stopped at a dealer in Boston on vacation and checked out the pro stance . He also had a vantage there and it seemed like a toy compared to the pro stance. I will be buying a 52 or 60 inch stander in the next year or so hopefully. Im very interested in the pro stance. I would love to demo one. It seems like it has everything i need at a cheaper price as well. This thread has gotten me a ton more interested too and it really has me wanting to demo one!
The Pro-Stance is built like a tank! I have never seen a stander built as strong. All the other frames look like tooth pics compared to the Gravely. Let us know what you think when you demo.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

How old do you have to be to demo a gravely....because im only 15 haha!
Old 07-30-2013, 05:04 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Uhh...it may be best if you see if ya parents can go with you to get a demo...only b/c most dealers won't take you seriously unless you bring a nice amount cash with you

"There is no such thing as failure. There are only results." – Tony Robbins

Enough Said...
Old 07-30-2013, 10:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Purchased a 2013 Gravley Pro Stance 52 inch cut and put about 35 hours or so on the machine and I love it. To be honest this thread sparked my interest about the prostance so I went down to my local gravley dealer and demoed one.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:09 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLenno View Post
Purchased a 2013 Gravley Pro Stance 52 inch cut and put about 35 hours or so on the machine and I love it. To be honest this thread sparked my interest about the prostance so I went down to my local gravley dealer and demoed one.
Congrats!! Post some pics!!
Old 07-30-2013, 11:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades Lawn Maintenance View Post
Uhh...it may be best if you see if ya parents can go with you to get a demo...only b/c most dealers won't take you seriously unless you bring a nice amount cash with you
Haha yeah my dad would deffinatly go. Not too many dealers close by me.