Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #261  
Old 07-17-2013, 10:37 AM
Ridin' Green Ridin' Green is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,422
Deere still makes the older quick Traks (the A model in the line-up) that have the 7 Iron II deck, and now the ones that GMLC mentioned. I like the new ones, but I hear the same issues as he does about that deck. You won't hear any complaints about the 7 IronII from anyone, but the older style machine it is mounted to may not be in quite the same league as the new Deere/Wright model.

Like GMLC said- demo on your places to decide. I liked the Gravely very much even though I was quite awkward on it at first. It is very smooth, and the cut during my short demo was awesome.

http://www.deere.com/wps/dcom/en_US/...k_mowers.page?
Reply With Quote
  #262  
Old 07-29-2013, 11:45 PM
aaronmg aaronmg is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Accident,MD
Posts: 333
I'm getting a demo this coming Wednesday in the afternoon on the pro stance 52. I must say that LH Jones out of Morgantown,wv stepped up to the plate and were the only dealer to offer this. Being they are driving over an hour away from there.

Last edited by aaronmg; 07-29-2013 at 11:50 PM. Reason: added thought
Reply With Quote
  #263  
Old 07-30-2013, 05:42 AM
GMLC's Avatar
GMLC GMLC is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 4,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronmg View Post
I'm getting a demo this coming Wednesday in the afternoon on the pro stance 52. I must say that LH Jones out of Morgantown,wv stepped up to the plate and were the only dealer to offer this. Being they are driving over an hour away from there.
Nice!! Let us know what you think. Its a great machine.
Reply With Quote
  #264  
Old 07-30-2013, 03:14 PM
jakes mowing jakes mowing is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: collinsville illinois
Posts: 271
I hadn't even considered gravely until i stopped at a dealer in Boston on vacation and checked out the pro stance . He also had a vantage there and it seemed like a toy compared to the pro stance. I will be buying a 52 or 60 inch stander in the next year or so hopefully. Im very interested in the pro stance. I would love to demo one. It seems like it has everything i need at a cheaper price as well. This thread has gotten me a ton more interested too and it really has me wanting to demo one!
Reply With Quote
  #265  
Old 07-30-2013, 04:52 PM
GMLC's Avatar
GMLC GMLC is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 4,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakes mowing View Post
I hadn't even considered gravely until i stopped at a dealer in Boston on vacation and checked out the pro stance . He also had a vantage there and it seemed like a toy compared to the pro stance. I will be buying a 52 or 60 inch stander in the next year or so hopefully. Im very interested in the pro stance. I would love to demo one. It seems like it has everything i need at a cheaper price as well. This thread has gotten me a ton more interested too and it really has me wanting to demo one!
The Pro-Stance is built like a tank! I have never seen a stander built as strong. All the other frames look like tooth pics compared to the Gravely. Let us know what you think when you demo.
Reply With Quote
  #266  
Old 07-30-2013, 04:56 PM
jakes mowing jakes mowing is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: collinsville illinois
Posts: 271
How old do you have to be to demo a gravely....because im only 15 haha!
Reply With Quote
  #267  
Old 07-30-2013, 05:04 PM
Blades Lawn Maintenance's Avatar
Blades Lawn Maintenance Blades Lawn Maintenance is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Baton Rouge, La
Posts: 1,233
Uhh...it may be best if you see if ya parents can go with you to get a demo...only b/c most dealers won't take you seriously unless you bring a nice amount cash with you
__________________
“Life takes on meaning when you become motivated, set goals and charge after them in an unstoppable manner.”
*Les Brown


"There is no such thing as failure. There are only results." – Tony Robbins


Enough Said...
Reply With Quote
  #268  
Old 07-30-2013, 10:49 PM
BLenno BLenno is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Niles,Ohio
Posts: 18
Purchased a 2013 Gravley Pro Stance 52 inch cut and put about 35 hours or so on the machine and I love it. To be honest this thread sparked my interest about the prostance so I went down to my local gravley dealer and demoed one.
Reply With Quote
  #269  
Old 07-30-2013, 11:09 PM
GMLC's Avatar
GMLC GMLC is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 4,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLenno View Post
Purchased a 2013 Gravley Pro Stance 52 inch cut and put about 35 hours or so on the machine and I love it. To be honest this thread sparked my interest about the prostance so I went down to my local gravley dealer and demoed one.
Congrats!! Post some pics!!
Reply With Quote
  #270  
Old 07-30-2013, 11:42 PM
jakes mowing jakes mowing is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: collinsville illinois
Posts: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades Lawn Maintenance View Post
Uhh...it may be best if you see if ya parents can go with you to get a demo...only b/c most dealers won't take you seriously unless you bring a nice amount cash with you
Haha yeah my dad would deffinatly go. Not too many dealers close by me.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.com™ - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:52 AM.

Page generated in 0.07676 seconds with 10 queries