Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-30-2013, 10:47 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Whereabouts?
And it was an awesome weekend. Had an absolute blast!! Did you make it down there at all?
Old 07-30-2013, 11:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

It was a bit north in Ham Lake.
I did not make it down. Wish I could have. I watched it on DVR looked like some good racing.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:00 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Here is a pic of the new shop we purchased. We do not take occupancy until 9/1 but we were able to get in and put up the fence and do some other things. The people in the building are getting out faster than expected so we may be in a bit earlier.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:14 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

There was some awesome racing!
Speaking of shops, I need one! The damn Champlin city cops have complained I've called in my truck & a trailer 21 times since May to park in the street. Haha. F#ck em but it's a hassle not having somewhere to keep my stuff!
Old 08-01-2013, 07:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

That can be a pain to deal with.
One thing we did for a bit was find a smaller mom and pop show that had a building with some parking they were not using and rented a few parking spaces in a back corner to keep trailers.
It helped keep things away from home and also gave them some money for parking they were not using.

Our new building will be nice having everything in one spot. Right now our office is separate from our shop.
It is both buildings in the picture then in between is parkinglot that we fenced in. There is also another small parking area to the right of the right side building.
The left building is good to go, the right side one we are opening up inside. Someone sectioned it off into a bunch of weird shaped rooms. The front will be offices then a storage space, then the back half is a maint. bay, with a tool room off the back and break room off the right side.
The left building is basically open warehouse with the brick part you can see an office and bathroom. Not sure if we will use it or not.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Right on. Sounds like you guys have a sweet setup now. One of My irrigation subs (partnership)'s dad keeps his equip & massive black dirt pile at a spot about 3 mi away, 2 other lawn & irrigation guys keep their trailers (one each) and I finally got the go-ahead & I can keep a trailer there, I kept the dump trailer I rented there last night & ill be ordering a 20' enclosed tonight, I can also keep a dump trailer or skid there overnight if Im renting one as long as I pick it up right away in the a.m., there's a few acres of room, it's a sweet setup, I'm very excited to finally be buying a mobile shop lol, now everything except my mowers which are always my trailer can come out of my parent's garage!
Old 08-10-2013, 09:32 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Some pics from yesterday. Doing some demo and opening one of the buildings up to be more useable.

Old 08-20-2013, 04:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Tried to post these before but somehow deleted everything. So here is a few pics from the last week.
More building progress. The floors were cut and jackhammered out for new sewer/water lines. Waiting to hook them up on thursday. We will then repour the floors, build the interior walls and start with insulation.

Outside view. You can see most of the property.

Had some spare time Sat. so I went up to my families cabin for the night. This is Sunday morning looking at the lake.

This Birch tree is out front. I am guessing it started growing in some debris ontop of the stump and made it to a tree. You can see the root system dropping 3ft or so into the ground.

Old 08-20-2013, 04:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Pictures of a creekbed/waterfall we redid for someone. The customer had this installed 4 years ago or so and it has always leaked. We redid from the pond up. I am not a fan of the red mulch and think it needs a few more plantings to look more natural but I do like how the boulders and creek turned out.

Old 08-22-2013, 09:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Is that your cadillac parked on the street in front of the shop? Looks like a CTS.