Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-11-2013, 06:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Used aebi versus new ventrac

Used aebi tt75 versus new ventrac. Mowing around 12 acres with 30 to 40 degree slopes. Any opinions. Cost of ongoing maintenance of each tractor. Availability of parts for aebi. Ruggedness of ventrac? Things to consider??
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-11-2013, 08:47 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Big differance between an Aebi and a Ventrac. There are very few Aebi dealers in the US and several Ventrac dealers. I have a couple friends that run Aebi tractors. Aebi New England,LLC is located in New Hampshire and will ship parts. An Aebi tractor is more of a farm size tractor while Ventrac is more of a landscape tractor. I would guess a used TT75 Aebi would run in the $30,000.00 range depending on condition and with or with out a flail mower or snow blower. One of my buddys runs a TT70 and the other runs a TT95. The TT95 has a 7' flail mower and is used to mow dikes, dams, and land fills. An Aebi tractor would provide larger mowing oppertunites while the Ventrac has more landscape type attachments for a wider varity of work.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:05 PM
LawnSite Member

Ventrac w/dullies and a 72" deck will handle all of it, I have 2 and finish mow 45acres for the corps of engineers dam project. The parts are easy to get and the tractor is easy to work on. The loader will only lift #500 but is plenty for a small landscape outfit does not tear up the grass like a skid steer I use mine to install mulch. Mowing on a hill just gets boring you can just point and go for the most part after the first 20-30 hours u will get brave and be mowing things you never though possible
Old 03-11-2013, 09:48 PM
LawnSite Member

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-11-2013, 09:53 PM
LawnSite Member

Would the aebi do very well for residential work meaning close to a house Or should it be considered rough cut. Since the aebis is larger does that imply increased safety on slopes of 30 plus degrees.
Any comments on the ease of working on aebi.
The price of ventrac with dual wheels diesel engine 72 inch cut?? Thanks for any and all comments
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-11-2013, 10:26 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

You are limited to mower decks for the Aebi. Other than flail cutters , I know Lastec makes a model that I belive is a 100" cut, rather expensive. Aebi is more for open big areas.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:28 PM
LawnSite Member

I don't know that much abou the aebi. But it sounds big and $ . I have mowed stuff that people just look at u like your ceazey to ride a tractor there. The new ventracs are only out in a gas or propain the EPA has shut down the 31 HP turbo diesel but your looking at about 25-28k out the door and if your on reall steep stuff the 60" deck is lighter and is easer on the hills if your working around trees and things if it's wide open like a damface use the 72" I have one of each. Get the tractor with the moore HP u can't go wrong I have one with a 27 HP kaw and use the 60" on it the27 just doesn't have it to turn the 72" wile cutting 6" of thick grass. The year round use is great the ventrac is soooo much more than just a lawn mower! My dealer has sold more ventracs to homeowners mowing what your talking about than procutters so it's not that uncommon.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:58 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

If price is not a factor I would definitely go for the Aebi terratrack. Although the Ventracs are not cheap on the pocketbook either.

Speed wise I would assume the Aebi has the Ventrac beat hands down.

Our company has very high interest in a few manufacturers from Europe. Mainly the companies Reform and Aebi. Gives us a great reason to take a vacation in Europe next month.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Member

I Attempted to get used aebi tt 70s but dealer could not deliver. Finally got my deposit back. Now I'm back to ventrac. Perhaps, this second chance is good thing.

Can anyone comment more about propane model. It has more horsepower. Reliability and ease of repair. Thoughts of propane versus gas model. Any and all comments appreciated. thanks
Old 07-31-2013, 11:22 PM
LawnSite Member

The propane ventrac is an option it has a gas tank as well and has a switch that can change between the two on the fly really cool