Old 08-02-2013, 03:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallihergreen View Post
What is the GVWR on your Hino?
The GVWR is 19,500 lbs.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:59 AM
LawnSite Member

I just realized I wrote the truck weight wrong. It's 5000 kg without a load on, which is around 11,000lbs.
Old 02-07-2015, 07:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Nice truck! I should take delivery of mine some time in march. What wheel base is that? No problems towing that trailer down the highway? I got the crew cab. Was going to go for a crossbox but liked the idea of being able to hold extra guys if need be. Again though, beautiful truck I hope it's still running strong for you
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-07-2015, 07:52 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlythebest View Post
Nice truck! I should take delivery of mine some time in march. What wheel base is that? No problems towing that trailer down the highway? I got the crew cab. Was going to go for a crossbox but liked the idea of being able to hold extra guys if need be. Again though, beautiful truck I hope it's still running strong for you
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks! We absolutely love these Hino's!! We've got about 46,000 Km's on the first one and 39,000 Km's on our second. We have had ZERO issues with these trucks, and I max out the capacity day in and day out! Driving down the highway which is fairly flat here, I can cruise at 105 Km's/hr no problem loaded out. I'm not sure exactly what the wheelbase is on the one in the pic, but it's the 3rd longest in the sales brochure. We have one thats the second longest and I much prefer the ride of the longer wheelbase. I looked at the crew cab too, but wanted a large cross box and an 11' dump bed. This configuration will not fit with even the longest crew cab model, there's just not enough frame behind the cab. I've seen a few around Ottawa though, and they do look very nice with lots of cab room. Keep in mind that I carry a FULL cross box of tools, I don't have an enclosed trailer with all tat stuff in it, so I need a box cross box. Good luck with yours! The Japanese really have figured out the small truck market. Although not the most HP in this weight class, it's a rock solid truck. We will be trading in our first one in two years on another brand new one setup exactly the same. I doubt we will look at other manufacturers because we've had such great success with these and a great dealership too.
Old 02-07-2015, 07:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

That's great to hear thanks!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-13-2015, 07:08 PM
LawnSite Member

Sharp truck.

I am just ordering a bed for my NPR. Looks to be the same wheelbase, But I was going with a 12' bed instead of the 10' and tool box.

On a side note, I see you have a Bobcat 463 on the trailer, how do you like it? Would you mind if I pm'd you, I have some questions about that sized machine.
Old 02-13-2015, 07:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKPM View Post
Sharp truck.

I am just ordering a bed for my NPR. Looks to be the same wheelbase, But I was going with a 12' bed instead of the 10' and tool box.

On a side note, I see you have a Bobcat 463 on the trailer, how do you like it? Would you mind if I pm'd you, I have some questions about that sized machine.
That is the 4th 463 we've owned of that's any indication! Hahaha we had two 453's before that. They perform tasks that no other machine will nearly as well, that's a fact! But yes, PM me. I'll do my best to help ya!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-17-2015, 05:19 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Brandon
(and anyone else chime in)

Ive been thinking about upfitting a new FUSO landscape truck for irrigation installs. Id be toting our SK850 (or dingo) along with custom pipe racks, dividers, boxes, ETC. This one is at capital ford in Raleigh. I test drove it last week.

Do you have any good input on this type of truck? I would imagine the guys
that roll around with two or three mowers on these trucks have similar amount of weight on the trucks.

Thanks for your input. The benefit of not having to tote a trailer would be great.
Attached Images

NC Irrigation Contractors License #157
NC Licensed Plumbing Contractor #32636

Since 1994

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Koste...c/284215458045
Old 02-17-2015, 05:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by koster_irrigation View Post
Hey Brandon
(and anyone else chime in)

Ive been thinking about upfitting a new FUSO landscape truck for irrigation installs. Id be toting our SK850 (or dingo) along with custom pipe racks, dividers, boxes, ETC. This one is at capital ford in Raleigh. I test drove it last week.

Do you have any good input on this type of truck? I would imagine the guys
that roll around with two or three mowers on these trucks have similar amount of weight on the trucks.

Thanks for your input. The benefit of not having to tote a trailer would be great.
If that one is fairly new it isn't going to have much power. Not always a bad thing and in your case it may not matter, as it sounds like your payload will usually be under 5000# mine should be ready in a month I counted out the fuso based on the small engine and lower weight rating in the crew cab model compared to hino. I don't see the reason more guys don't run these cab-over style trucks
Good luck
Posted via Mobile Device