Register free!

Old 07-23-2013, 09:23 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlawn View Post
We upgraded our T3000's with the new pump & go pedal. No other unit can compete with the T3000. We used PG's in the past. Demoed Z-Sprays (all sizes) several times. Demoed the Ground Logic too.

With the T3000, you get the best of both worlds. I won't bore you with the many reasons. There are over 3 dozen T3000's in my town. Way more than any other stand-on sprayer/spreader.

I saw the first Z-Spray today in weeks. Once in a awhile I'll see a PG Magnum.

Our local Scotts Lawn Care had exclusively run Ground Logic units for years, but now I see they're running T3000 units.

Final note: The only stand-on sprayer/spreader you will not see for sale on ebay = TURFCO's T3000.

p.s. We treat a 20 acre cemetery that will only allow a T3000 to treat it, and their reasons are valid.
I saw the first t3000 today in weeks. Trugreen runs it guessing just back from being in the shop Once in a awhile I'll see a PG Magnum.

I could really care what my competitors are running as long as my service and materials are superior,who cares

Final note: I checked E-bay this morning hmm didn't see any Z-Sprays out there, must be a reason. P.S. Probably one of the reasons LT Rich just made a multimillion dollar expansion because their not selling any of the units.

P.S. We treat a 60 acre sports complex they asked me now you only run Z-Sprays right? I said yes why they said that is the only machine they would allow on the complex.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:00 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Another thought....

Since we don't do huge volume....another option we have is to keep the push spreaders and use the Shaw's one and done product with Dimension and Acelepryn. We are testing this on one property this season and so far we are very impressed. One man can easily run through and spot spray for weeds etc and we can used liquid dimension in round 2 to re apply to curb lines and along other head sinks.

Thoughts? Has anyone used the Shaws 30-0-10 one and done in a large scale operation on over 40 lawns with different site conditions?
Old 07-24-2013, 04:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDLandscapes VT View Post
Since we don't do huge volume....another option we have is to keep the push spreaders and use the Shaw's one and done product with Dimension and Acelepryn. We are testing this on one property this season and so far we are very impressed. One man can easily run through and spot spray for weeds etc and we can used liquid dimension in round 2 to re apply to curb lines and along other head sinks.

Thoughts? Has anyone used the Shaws 30-0-10 one and done in a large scale operation on over 40 lawns with different site conditions?
I used the shaws product last year on some ball fields and my yard and it didn't work. It all went off at on time the grasss was green green green green for about 5 weeks and than started to fade out. I had to do more treatments on the ball fields and my yard. May be they found out what was wrong with it. This was not one and done I just used the surf 4. It's what you used but no pre or acelepryn. Good luck with your work

Charles Cue
Old 08-03-2013, 07:02 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Don't pee on the Ground Logic unit the guys who use them love them- lighter weight and more nimble than the T or Z.
09 Exmark Turf Tracer HP 36"
21" Toro SR4 Super Recycler
Stihl KM90 Kombi w/ straight shaft trimmer & tiller heads
2 Husqvarna 125B Blowers
Turfco XT5 Aerator
Turfco LS-22 Overseeder
EcoLawn 200 Applicator

I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13
Old 12-01-2013, 05:16 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

One of my T-Men came in today (Sunday) to pick up his year-end bonus check --- a day early.

It was a substantial amount, as he produced over $180,000 this year with his T.

I admit this individual is my best T-Man, but the other T-Guys were not far behind.

I thank TURFCO for their fine equipment that have served us well/made us money.

Anybody who doubts my statements, feel free to PM me, and I will give contact names/phone numbers.
Old 12-01-2013, 08:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA Quality Lawn & YS View Post
Don't pee on the Ground Logic unit the guys who use them love them- lighter weight and more nimble than the T or Z.
Lighter weight, YES more nimble then a Z, NO
Old 12-01-2013, 08:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlawn View Post
One of my T-Men came in today (Sunday) to pick up his year-end bonus check --- a day early.

It was a substantial amount, as he produced over $180,000 this year with his T.

I admit this individual is my best T-Man, but the other T-Guys were not far behind.

I thank TURFCO for their fine equipment that have served us well/made us money.

Anybody who doubts my statements, feel free to PM me, and I will give contact names/phone numbers.
That number should be a average year for a ride-on no matter which brand you use. I can tell you those are just average numbers for a Z-Spray
Old 12-09-2013, 11:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Service 1st Lawn Care View Post
Lighter weight, YES more nimble then a Z, NO
OK, perhaps not more nimble than the Jr36 or rackable, but definitely more than the larger Z machines which I would never take on a small lawn.
09 Exmark Turf Tracer HP 36"
21" Toro SR4 Super Recycler
Stihl KM90 Kombi w/ straight shaft trimmer & tiller heads
2 Husqvarna 125B Blowers
Turfco XT5 Aerator
Turfco LS-22 Overseeder
EcoLawn 200 Applicator

I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13
Old 12-10-2013, 08:56 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA Quality Lawn & YS View Post
OK, perhaps not more nimble than the Jr36 or rackable, but definitely more than the larger Z machines which I would never take on a small lawn.
Does more nimble mean skinnier to you? To me it means it turns/handles better. If a jr36 is more nimble then a maz is also. The handle the same plus slight weight difference. When in a tight area a hydro turn will work much better then a gear drive.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-10-2013, 09:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djagusch View Post
Does more nimble mean skinnier to you? To me it means it turns/handles better. If a jr36 is more nimble then a maz is also. The handle the same plus slight weight difference. When in a tight area a hydro turn will work much better then a gear drive.
Posted via Mobile Device
Nimble - Fast and agile light in movement
Quick and light

I don't see the need for a nimble machine to treat lawns. The biggest problem I see in doing small lawns with a ride on is spreading fert out past the grass in to flower beds or out in places like roads and side walks. and it takes longer to treat the lawn.

If were talking how tight it turns The Z would come in first and the ground logic in 2nd

Now in quickness the Z would have a faster top speed the T and ground logic proubly about the same in speed. The T has 11.5 hp the main Z's have 16 hp the ground logic well I don't know but I don't think it's smaller than the T.

Now on weight The Ground Logic and T are close to the same. Unless we are talking about the Z rack able unit.

There all kind of hard decisions in life

I never have any problems in small lawn with my T nimble or not gets the job done just fine.

Charles Cue