Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-01-2013, 05:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffyhead929 View Post
Does anyone know of anyone who is looking for a part time job mowing this fall? I am going back to school at the end of august and picked up too many lawn this year to go back and forth. 48 lawns takes 14 hours with two people and around 25 with one. I would pay for the right people. If someone knows of someone let me know.
Where are you going to school? I will be a sophomore at MSU. I have 80 clients in the Royal Oak area, but made my schedule so I can work Tuesday, Thursday-SUnday, although I wont be able to keep this up as I continue to grow. I'd love to hear how you also cope with work and school.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reliablelawn View Post
Where are you going to school? I will be a sophomore at MSU. I have 80 clients in the Royal Oak area, but made my schedule so I can work Tuesday, Thursday-SUnday, although I wont be able to keep this up as I continue to grow. I'd love to hear how you also cope with work and school.
Ill be a senior at MSU. Being in the business school they only have one or two sections of certain classes so my schedule isn't as free this year and being a senior I don't want to spend my first semester driving back and forth three times a week as I have been the last two years.

www.ProTurfLawnServiceLLC.com
Old 08-02-2013, 04:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Ill be a senior at MSU. Being in the business school they only have one or two sections of certain classes so my schedule isn't as free this year and being a senior I don't want to spend my first semester driving back and forth three times a week as I have been the last two years.
Unfortunately for me the business paid for school. Without the business no school. Eventually it was, grow the business, or school. Without the business I didn't have any money for school so it became purchase more equipment and be more efficient, or limp along at school. I bought some equipment. It is ironic though, now I pay people to work and they use the money to pay for school. Maybe someday I can go back. I don't know. If you can afford to go to school, do it full time, and get it done quicker while also enjoy being a student. That's the way to go. Just don't get trapped in your business you want to try to be on top of it.
Old 08-03-2013, 03:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
I was lucky enough to have a schedule now with Tuesday off and 8 am's Thursday and Friday. It's definitely tricky situations for us. Hope all goes well. And congrats- I'll be a sophomore finance major
Old 08-04-2013, 10:24 PM
LawnSite Member

I know it is seem early but I am already thinking about fall clean up. We bought a dump trailer this year and not sure how I should set it up with the leaf loader. Does anybody have any good systems, ideas, or tips on what not to do?
Thanks in advance
Old 08-06-2013, 09:45 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madskier1986 View Post
I know it is seem early but I am already thinking about fall clean up. We bought a dump trailer this year and not sure how I should set it up with the leaf loader. Does anybody have any good systems, ideas, or tips on what not to do?
Thanks in advance
If you are in the market for a leaf loader I have a couple Billy Goat 16 HP units I may sell since we don't use them any longer.
Lawn Service Divisions
Warren - Harrison Twp. - Detroit - Lenox - St. Helen
(586) 634-2904 (313) 885-9090 (989) 443-4380
Old 08-06-2013, 11:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Lawn View Post
If you are in the market for a leaf loader I have a couple Billy Goat 16 HP units I may sell since we don't use them any longer.
How much for one of your leaf vacs John? U work in Lexington? I have a cottage at apple gate road 5 ,lies north of Lexington on the water. U guys must have a huge service area

Insured and Licensed
Old 08-12-2013, 03:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Hey guys if your in the market for trailers take a look at this, they are only a couple miles from my house and I know trailers are a bit harder to come by in Michigan http://www.trailersalesofmichigan.co...y_trailers.php, they make them right here. I've had mine for 2 years now and abused the crap out of it.

Last edited by JCLawn and more; 08-12-2013 at 03:58 PM.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:09 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Any local companies looking for a box truck? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1997-...orcev4exp=true
Old 08-20-2013, 08:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Hello Guys, busy year here even with all the rain. Looking for someone to Install a 12-16 foot Norway Spruce.

Can anyone Help out or know of someone. Installede by a Loader or treespade, doesnt matter. Contact me 2483903182 Kevin

Tags
alternative landscaping