Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-06-2013, 07:28 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
My apologies for assuming. If they stick to mowing its less problems. When you get into expensive hedge trimmer, edgers and pole saws the outlay and repairs can add up quick. If a ZTR goes down you can always use the push mowers as back up. Do they have a marketing plan? They are going to need more than a few family and friends. They have to pay overhead and you before they can pay themselves. I hope they understand that and don't have delusions of grandeur. Companies spend years before they turn real profits and can pay themselves a real salary. Its mid season and new customers are hard to come by.
Yes, We found areas that are needing people desperately. A lot of lawn maintenance customers were booked, can;t take anyone new. We also found a person that was selling verifiable clients.

The ironic part about the marketing, the guy who I hired (since my brothers aren't in my immediate area) Got my business just by sticking this flyer on my mailbox. It was just a simple flyer that it looked like they printed on a sheet of paper several times and cut it up by 6. He had the flat rate pricing, and came out to see if it was anything extra needed. Talk about low cost but effective!

Tags
costs , equipment , startup