Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #21  
Old 04-30-2013, 06:52 PM
Mark Oomkes Mark Oomkes is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 7,246
Good luck with yours, I loved mine when it was operational.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallihergreen View Post
Sweet! It may be your first Walker, but I guarantee it won't be your last
Posted via Mobile Device
Don't be so sure. I bought a Navigator and never looked back.
__________________
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman

I like my guns like Obama likes his voters: Undocumented

Criminals obey gun laws like politicians follow their oaths of office
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-30-2013, 09:59 PM
Armsden&Son Armsden&Son is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: adirondacks, NY
Posts: 1,958
Hey there Mark, any word on the bigger navigator decks? I heard that they were going to be doing some larger side discharge ones like Walker does.... I have a bunch of respect for xmark, i mean come on, the lazer z is pretty much the most popular machine of all time in the U.S i think..(most units sold) I have never ran a navigator though and I really want to try one... Can you imagine a navigator with 60 in. ultra cut? That would be awesome!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-13-2013, 01:24 AM
Armsden&Son Armsden&Son is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: adirondacks, NY
Posts: 1,958
side discharge of course....
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-19-2013, 04:23 PM
ZX12R ZX12R is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Morris County,NJ
Posts: 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsden&Son View Post
Hey there Mark, any word on the bigger navigator decks? I heard that they were going to be doing some larger side discharge ones like Walker does.... I have a bunch of respect for xmark, i mean come on, the lazer z is pretty much the most popular machine of all time in the U.S i think..(most units sold) I have never ran a navigator though and I really want to try one... Can you imagine a navigator with 60 in. ultra cut? That would be awesome!
I would be interested in hearing thoughts on this also.Ihave a 2004 Walker with a Kohler 26 EFI. As others said,its a great machine for manicured lawns but other machines just seem to be built tougher in regards to the deck.

Anyone know if the Walker side discharge machines decks are the same thickness?
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-07-2013, 01:59 AM
BPS##'s Avatar
BPS## BPS## is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: WY
Posts: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurbAppealKS View Post
Congrats on your new mower! I have been running walkers for a few years now and they are great machines. The only thing you really have to keep an eye on are low hanging obstacles and tight corners where stuff is sticking out. These tend to tear up the catcher box pretty quickly. Other than that they are really pretty durable. Obviously you can't use them like a demo derby car every day, but they will last more than 2-3 seasons easily.

I have an 01 with around 4500 hours on it and the only major thing that's starting to show wear is the right hydro. I'm hoping to get a few more seasons out of it, seeing as I don't use it every day.
Posted via Mobile Device



4500 hrs on original hydros????????????


That is unheard of from any one I've talked to.

A neighbor has replaced the hydros twice in his 09 and 11 diesels.
To the point that I'm concerned about buying a 1550 hr used diesel.
__________________
Professionals are people who can do their job when they don't feel like it.
Amateurs are people that can't do their job even when they do feel like it.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-07-2013, 02:00 AM
BPS##'s Avatar
BPS## BPS## is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: WY
Posts: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX12R View Post
I would be interested in hearing thoughts on this also.Ihave a 2004 Walker with a Kohler 26 EFI. As others said,its a great machine for manicured lawns but other machines just seem to be built tougher in regards to the deck.

Anyone know if the Walker side discharge machines decks are the same thickness?



Don't run into stuff, problem solved.

The only time I've had deck issues was when one of the guys hit some thing.
__________________
Professionals are people who can do their job when they don't feel like it.
Amateurs are people that can't do their job even when they do feel like it.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-07-2013, 11:24 PM
The Grass Master The Grass Master is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Posts: 26
FYI, I also had to adjust the "full alarm" when I started using the dump bins that go inside the grass catcher. I had to adjust it up a little so it can clear the bin as it oscillates. You simply take a pair of channel locks or similar pliers and bend the flap up or down depending on your preference. It's made to be adjustable, and about a ten second job.

Also, I recently purchased a Navigator to use for leaf clean ups on "rougher areas" where I prefer not to use my Walker GHS, as they are meant to be used for manicuring "high end properties". Well I sold it real quick. Trust me guys you DONT want a Navigator.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-08-2013, 12:00 AM
BPS##'s Avatar
BPS## BPS## is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: WY
Posts: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grass Master View Post
FYI, I also had to adjust the "full alarm" when I started using the dump bins that go inside the grass catcher. I had to adjust it up a little so it can clear the bin as it oscillates. You simply take a pair of channel locks or similar pliers and bend the flap up or down depending on your preference. It's made to be adjustable, and about a ten second job.

Also, I recently purchased a Navigator to use for leaf clean ups on "rougher areas" where I prefer not to use my Walker GHS, as they are meant to be used for manicuring "high end properties". Well I sold it real quick. Trust me guys you DONT want a Navigator.




In recent years they must have really beefed them up.

02 and 04 models is what I have, its way easy to bend the bracket by hand.
__________________
Professionals are people who can do their job when they don't feel like it.
Amateurs are people that can't do their job even when they do feel like it.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-08-2013, 12:14 AM
agent walker agent walker is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Sesser,IL
Posts: 394
Nice machine! The plastic chute is one thing you have to watch, once they get that metal ring bent there almost impossible to straighten out. Only raise the deck on level ground and just ease it down and you should be fine. Never had problem with armrest or speed control lever slowing down. have 1700hr on one 09 and 840 on the other. Mostly use a 74in side discharge deck. Its one grass cutting machine!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.com™ - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:21 PM.

Page generated in 0.07826 seconds with 10 queries