Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-06-2013, 05:33 PM
LawnSite Member

Best 21" Push Mower for Bagging

What is the best 21" push mower for bagging grass, especially when its wet??
Currently I have a Toro Supper Bagger with Honda motor and is personal pace, which I love that aspect of it. But it isnt worth a **** for bagging wet grass. The mower plugs up even before the bag is full.
So what would you guys recommend on getting? I am solo and dont use push mower more than a half hour a day, but when I do I want it to work. And I bag all of my lawns when I use push mower.
Old 08-07-2013, 02:53 AM
LawnSite Member

Snapper Hi Vac. Best bagging push mower I've ever used. Picks up leaves and twigs like no other
Old 08-07-2013, 09:27 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info, i'll have to look into them. Anyone else got any opinions???
Old 08-07-2013, 06:29 PM
LawnSite Member

I just purchased a Toro Timemaster 30". Bigger then what you want I know. I changed the blades to the commercial Toro Turfmaster and its the best or second best bagging machine I have ever owned. Had the Toro super bagger, new snapper hi-vac which is garbage compared to the older models. Favorite machine was my commercial lawn boy for bagging but good luck finding one and if you do be prepared to spend $$$. The Toro timemaster with the turfmaster blades really impressed me as far as bagging.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Honda hrr is a good bagger
Old 08-07-2013, 10:23 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&L View Post
Snapper Hi Vac. Best bagging push mower I've ever used. Picks up leaves and twigs like no other
I can second that, also they last a real long time and parts are fairley easy to get.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I heard the ybravo is a great bagger, basically you want a mower with the old school tapered deck, the kind that gets taller from one side to the other. I have a toro 22156 and it bags pretty good, not tall wet stuff, but either wet or tall it works fine, it doesn't bag leaves all that well, it picks them up but lacks the vacuuming power that you are looking for. I'm more of a mulching guy, for that I think toro has the best deck design, if only I could get a 22156 with a kaw180, hmmm.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:04 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by locallawncare.ca View Post
I heard the ybravo is a great bagger, basically you want a mower with the old school tapered deck, the kind that gets taller from one side to the other. I have a toro 22156 and it bags pretty good, not tall wet stuff, but either wet or tall it works fine, it doesn't bag leaves all that well, it picks them up but lacks the vacuuming power that you are looking for. I'm more of a mulching guy, for that I think toro has the best deck design, if only I could get a 22156 with a kaw180, hmmm.
I briefly had an Ariens classic LM the 700 dollar model. It bagged amazing and was powerful with the Kawasaki fj180v. I had to return it because the controls were the most awkward to use that I have ever owned on a push mower. Its a shame because the mower seemed extremely durable and powerful. It cut excellent. If you don't mind awkward bail controls, then I would highly recommend the ariens.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:35 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

who returns an execellent preforming machine cause they dont like the controls? the ariens is a better wet bagger than the snapper high vac
Old 08-08-2013, 09:29 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnboy dan View Post
who returns an execellent preforming machine cause they dont like the controls? the ariens is a better wet bagger than the snapper high vac
Ummm... someone who doesn't like awkward controls???

I once returned a pair of pants because they didn't feel right.