Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-06-2013, 07:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

http://www.amazon.com/Howard-Leight-...ork+headphones

Ive taken advantage of the world market and started a new business. We are building bombs in the shape of prayer blankets for our middle eastern customers. Business couldnt be better. The prophets are going through the roof!!
Old 08-07-2013, 10:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

What I have seen guys around here do is they get the regular ear muffs. Then they put there Ipod ear buds inside the muff and bam you got music. It saves your ears rather than blasting your music trying to overpower the sound of the engine.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:22 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexschultz1 View Post
I've got these and they work great! It has a sensor that won't let you turn the volume up to high to prevent hearing loss. Cons, Black color is the worst in the summer here.
Old 03-28-2014, 04:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I am curious to hear more from this topic. My guys like listening to misic while working but I dont allow it unless they are away from loud equipment. They can wear them if they are using a rake or other hand tool as long as it doesnt prevent them from hearing my instructions, but if they are using power equipment they must wear ear plugs or muffs. Does anyone else have a review of either of these products mentioned. Im more curious about how the noise cancelation is more so than the mp3 quality.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-28-2014, 08:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I've used these now for three years I average a pair a year (one year I had to get another set).
For the most part the deaden the outside noise to comply then the music or sound only goes to 87db, so with them pushed in properly and the music up you can still hear alarms the dull roar of the engine and things like that. I offered to let my guys try these with new replacement tips of course some like them some didn't the ones that didn't ,said it wasn't loud enough. As for replacement tips o believe 50.00 is for a case of 50 tips. I got six tips for 6.00 with shipping on amazon.