Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 08-08-2013, 06:48 PM
LawnSite Member

i recommend doing 2 applications with a 14 day interval of Tenacity...has worked great on all paspalum for me
Old 08-08-2013, 09:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4evergreenturf View Post
i recommend doing 2 applications with a 14 day interval of Tenacity...has worked great on all paspalum for me
I just sprayed a yard about 2 weeks ago with Tenacity to rid it of nimblewill and went back to day to do the 2 app and none of the dallisgrass was affected may be yours was a different kind ?

Charles Cue
Old 08-08-2013, 09:53 PM
LawnSite Member

i use dismiss (sulfentrazone)/ quinclorac for nimblewill full rate of both...ive tried solitaire but it doesnt have a full rate of sulfentrazonone so i just mix the 2 myself
Old 08-08-2013, 09:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Tenacity (mesotrione) is a systemic herbicide that selectively controls nimblewill in bluegrass lawns. (It is also safe for perennial ryegrass, tall fescue, and the fine-leaf fescues.) Tenacity can only be applied by lawn care professionals. It will not be available to home gardeners. When treated with Tenacity, nimblewill stops growing, turns white, and eventually dies. Three applications (at two to three week intervals) are usually necessary to control nimblewill.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:53 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by docjones View Post
I tried to upload this photo the other night with no luck. Hope it works now. Anyway, this grassy weed is all over this commercial property I have. I'm in transition zone with this lawn being mostly TTTF. I think it's paspalum but wanted your opinions. Is there anything available to control it? I figured since it's a commercial property, I might have more options than residential.
Funny you posted this doc. Here is a thread I have going. Here are some pics of what I found in a lawn. I haven't taken any since I sprayed last Saturday but I can say this stuff is hardly holding on to life since I sprayed it and its only been 6 days. I used Solitaire for the first time and if it suppresses this stuff then I have a winner. Hit it with Q4 back at the end of June and I might as well sprayed it with spring water!

Hope this helps you.......

Current thread>>>>> http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=410194

Thread with pics of grass I sprayed http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=407768

Another thread with pics of target grass...http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=408364

Last edited by ron mexico75; 08-09-2013 at 09:00 AM.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:05 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

any update as to what this was and what did you end up spraying?