Register free!

Old 05-10-2008, 10:52 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Oasis Control Systems?

Did Oasis Control Systems ever make it into the US outside of California?

They were an Australian company. I was reading today that they got absorbed by a steel company called Glynwed International, which in turn was absorbed by Tyco Industries.

I installed some of their Koala-T (4 to 42 stations, 4 programs) and Landscaper (10 to 16 stations, 3 programs) and a residential controller called a Dundee (5 to 9 stations, 2 programs and looked a little like a Rain Bird CRC) back in the late 80's early 90's.

These were a nice design... snap-in module for whatever number of stations you needed, and adding the same kind of pigtails that come with Superior Sterlings or Rainmasters.

Nice steel cabinets, well written manuals, and generally reliable. But they were before the days of non-volatile memories.

I'll have to check, but I think three of them should still be running at one site I used to maintain. (We replaced the original Imperial Water Valet timers that were there.)

Reason I bring them up is I was going through my file cabinet today and ran across an Oasis/ Hit Products combined catalog... and some landscaper and Koala-T instruction manauls.

So I'm not really sure if Hit was the distributor or bought out the line, or exactly what the story was....

The price was better than what Irritol had to offer at the time, and the quality was as good or better.

Oh, and in case anyone runs across one on a job and needs a manual I can copy the ones I have.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:55 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

In case anyone still needs Oasis manuals, you can find them on this Australian site:
http://www.thewatershed.biz/html/downloads.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by irrig8r View Post
Did Oasis Control Systems ever make it into the US outside of California?

They were an Australian company. I was reading today that they got absorbed by a steel company called Glynwed International, which in turn was absorbed by Tyco Industries.

I installed some of their Koala-T (4 to 42 stations, 4 programs) and Landscaper (10 to 16 stations, 3 programs) and a residential controller called a Dundee (5 to 9 stations, 2 programs and looked a little like a Rain Bird CRC) back in the late 80's early 90's.

These were a nice design... snap-in module for whatever number of stations you needed, and adding the same kind of pigtails that come with Superior Sterlings or Rainmasters.

Nice steel cabinets, well written manuals, and generally reliable. But they were before the days of non-volatile memories.

I'll have to check, but I think three of them should still be running at one site I used to maintain. (We replaced the original Imperial Water Valet timers that were there.)

Reason I bring them up is I was going through my file cabinet today and ran across an Oasis/ Hit Products combined catalog... and some landscaper and Koala-T instruction manauls.

So I'm not really sure if Hit was the distributor or bought out the line, or exactly what the story was....

The price was better than what Irritol had to offer at the time, and the quality was as good or better.

Oh, and in case anyone runs across one on a job and needs a manual I can copy the ones I have.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:47 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Oasis is a cool opertating sytem, still made by Rain Master, I believe.
Old 08-10-2013, 01:12 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

You might be referring to a different Oasis. This was an Australian company that made expandable controllers back in the early 90s. I installed a few on some commercial jobs. Very much like the Irritrol MC series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Leary View Post
Oasis is a cool opertating sytem, still made by Rain Master, I believe.
Old 08-10-2013, 02:58 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by irrig8r View Post
You might be referring to a different Oasis. This was an Australian company that made expandable controllers back in the early 90s. I installed a few on some commercial jobs. Very much like the Irritrol MC series.
I was, sorry to confuse.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:13 PM
LawnSite Member

I have come across them occasionally in the past but haven't seen one for years here in Oz. I didn't realise they were an Australian company.