Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-09-2013, 08:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

2 Lawn Mowers For cheap

Now this is my first post to this forum and i hope i attach the pictures right.

I have a friend that want's to sell me a 36" toro pro line walk behind mower with a a bagger attachment, and a 33" troy-built residential mower......both for $750!

I'm not sure if its too god to be true, or what to think. The troy-built has low usage and all i know is the Toro is older but apparently runs great. I'm going this monday to look at them and check them out but i wanted everyone else's opinion on a purchase like this. I don't have much money to spend so I'm thinking this is a good deal. I already have an Echo trimmer and a decent blower. So all i need is a bigger mower to cut lawns more efficiently.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Troy built is probably junk, toro might be worth that price. Depends on alot of things.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:09 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakes mowing View Post
Troy built is probably junk, toro might be worth that price. Depends on a lot of things.
Agreed. The troy built would be decent for a back up, assuming its never been used Haha.

A re-powered Pro line 36 just sold on My local CL for 900. It had a lot of hours, and needed some stuff but the motor was practically brand new. For 750, that would be a great pair if they are in good condition.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

That's what i was thinking, the toro apparently runs really good, but i will have to go and look at it for sure. I only cut about 7 lawns a week so the mower's aren't going to get used that much. My plan is to get a bigger mower like these 2 and maybe cut more lawns and make more money. Maybe i could get him to come down about $100 or at least $50. Bu either way it sounds like a pretty good deal. The troy built just needs a new belt is all but if the toro last at least 2 years i will be happy.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Member

i have a troy bilt 21" mower and it works great. Don't know if the bigger sized mowers are junk but as far as im concerned troy bilt is fine.

That's a great deal though.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:18 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalz View Post
That's what i was thinking, the toro apparently runs really good, but i will have to go and look at it for sure. I only cut about 7 lawns a week so the mower's aren't going to get used that much. My plan is to get a bigger mower like these 2 and maybe cut more lawns and make more money. Maybe i could get him to come down about $100 or at least $50. Bu either way it sounds like a pretty good deal. The troy built just needs a new belt is all but if the toro last at least 2 years i will be happy.
Be careful... Everything "runs great" on cragislist!
Old 08-10-2013, 12:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakes mowing View Post
Be careful... Everything "runs great" on cragislist!
lol....well actually i go to school with this guys daughter and that's how i even know he want's to sell them, i don't think he would screw me on the deal, but i know what to look for, i found the online manuals to each of them and i know mostly what should be where. But i will still be careful though. Now i really need to find a trailer just big enough for the toro mower and a push mower, but then again my trailer hitch isn't visible on my truck....
Old 08-10-2013, 09:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hope it all works out for you.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

If the toro has the super flow system deck then it's a great mower, otherwise they are both junk mowers. They will give you an adequate cut for weekly lawns and slow growing lawns but won't cut wet or thick lawns.

It might be what you need, it the troy-bilt is fairly new then it could last you another two seasons for you to upgrade in the future.

Michael

2006 GMC Sierra 2500hd crew cab
BOSS 8'2" Power V
Hustler X-one 60"
Toro Proline 36" wb w/t-bar controls
Toro 22"
Shindaiwa T254, Echo trimmers, chainsaws, pole hedge trimmer, pole saw, hedge trimmer
Shindaiwa 633 and Echo 760LN
Old 08-10-2013, 11:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysLawnCareDelaware View Post
If the toro has the super flow system deck then it's a great mower, otherwise they are both junk mowers. They will give you an adequate cut for weekly lawns and slow growing lawns but won't cut wet or thick lawns.

It might be what you need, it the troy-bilt is fairly new then it could last you another two seasons for you to upgrade in the future.

Michael
well what exactly do you mean by super flow? the mower is in good shape and im not to sure about the troy built, if both mowers combined last me at least 2-3 years i'll be happy, there's another guy who has a really new exmark that he hardly uses, im hoping in the next couple years he will want to sell it for around $1000 but my business is just really starting to take of and i want a bigger mower with a sulky to cut faster and make more money faster and is $100 for a sulky a bad price? i might get him down to $75 on it

Tags
cheap , deal , good , lawn mower , toro