Register free!

Old 08-13-2013, 11:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Funny thing is that our grandparents generation used 2500gal cisterns to collect rain water and use it when the rain stopped falling and their hand dug wells started to go dry.

After our drought last year, we started pushing and advertising cistern/water collection systems.

Yet, no one cared.........

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:43 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Gardens View Post
Funny thing is that our grandparents generation used 2500gal cisterns to collect rain water and use it when the rain stopped falling and their hand dug wells started to go dry.

After our drought last year, we started pushing and advertising cistern/water collection systems.

Yet, no one cared.........

And alot of the first cars were electric.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:59 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

that is a problem that so many americans have. If you ask them to eat less or exercise more or conserve anything or ask them to control themselve in any manner other than doing what in the hell ever they please, they get all bent out of shape and start yelling and acting like little children throwing a fit. so many don't or won't look at anything beyond what may happen in their lifetime. that train of thought cannot continue because whether they like it or not people will not stop breeding and natural resources will start disappearing. The days of unlimited ME-ME-ME-ALL FOR ME are coming to a end.

"non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other livings beings, we are still savages. THOMAS EDISON
Old 08-14-2013, 01:07 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

No its not..
Old 08-14-2013, 01:21 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjohn2000 View Post
Thats what my branch manager explained to me. Only other information Ive heard is that they have to get three bids.
Bids are awarded on track records, D&B ranking, DVBE and Minority preferrals and a myriad of other reasons. One reason is the amount of money left on the table or spread between bids.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:18 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegandude View Post
that is a problem that so many americans have. If you ask them to eat less or exercise more or conserve anything or ask them to control themselve in any manner other than doing what in the hell ever they please, they get all bent out of shape and start yelling and acting like little children throwing a fit. so many don't or won't look at anything beyond what may happen in their lifetime. that train of thought cannot continue because whether they like it or not people will not stop breeding and natural resources will start disappearing. The days of unlimited ME-ME-ME-ALL FOR ME are coming to a end.
Why does everyone blame America, you may not be in your post hear but it certainly can be taken that way. I'm so sick of hearing this B.S. .
Old 08-20-2013, 12:44 AM
LawnSite Member

Life with no lawns would be a real buzz kill! Most my childhood memories are from playing out in the yard as a kid....
Old 08-21-2013, 01:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Umm...I just flushed...is that bad now?
Old 08-23-2013, 02:22 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
potable water resources are dwindling and I do support the idea of use it or lose it lawns.
I agree.. What's the point of having grass if you don't use it. Turn it into shrubs. Give me a flat area big enough for a little soccer game or volley ball. I'll keep that grass year round.. Mow it every day if I had too. Give me a huge sloaped lawn that no one can ever go out and actually do anything on. Here lets water this and I will never do anything with it
Old 08-23-2013, 03:44 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

In our lifetime the extreme cost of desalination is going to be a thing of the past