Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-15-2013, 11:38 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exmarkking View Post
It hasn't rained yet today in ga
Actually it rained on us off and on all day yesterday, and it's doing the same today. Fall can't come soon enough...
Old 08-15-2013, 09:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I might smack the next person who says..."all this rain must be good for business".
Old 08-16-2013, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2TheGreenIndustry View Post
I might smack the next person who says..."all this rain must be good for business".
Or the ones who say--At least you have work I don't think my mower is going to live through this work. Now we are getting into Hurricane/Tropical storm season. One forming in the Gulf today. We really have no more room for torrential rains they bring. Will be really hard to tell the difference between a tropical storm and what have been going on the past few months. Rained all day today. Not that I am complaining
Old 08-16-2013, 03:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Or the ones who say--At least you have work I don't think my mower is going to live through this work. Now we are getting into Hurricane/Tropical storm season. One forming in the Gulf today. We really have no more room for torrential rains they bring. Will be really hard to tell the difference between a tropical storm and what have been going on the past few months. Rained all day today. Not that I am complaining
Heck its not just the grass, everything is growing like its SPRING.
Old 08-16-2013, 04:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The weeds..oh the weeds. I can't keep them away for nothing!
Old 08-18-2013, 10:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I heard that there might be a chance of snow tomorrow lol. what the heck was up with the 70 degree weather? i swear, this summer has caused my hairline to be recessed another inch

Ive taken advantage of the world market and started a new business. We are building bombs in the shape of prayer blankets for our middle eastern customers. Business couldnt be better. The prophets are going through the roof!!
Old 08-18-2013, 11:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Hey Alex it just started pouring here and it's headed your way!

Man, I have a whole bunch of properties we're supposed to mow tomorrow that we couldn't mow Thursday and Friday. Looks like it's going to rain all day tomorrow. Doh!
Old 08-19-2013, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexschultz1 View Post
I heard that there might be a chance of snow tomorrow lol. what the heck was up with the 70 degree weather? i swear, this summer has caused my hairline to be recessed another inch
I know what you mean. This weather has me bummed out. Whatever happened to normal weather? 10 years of suffering through long drought periods/extreme heat, leads to almost non stop rain and a chilly August. Cutting in the rain. Grilling out in the rain. Mold everywhere. Grass that never dries out. You just can't keep up with the growth. I am not ready for fall since Summer was rained out
Poured down all night and raining now. Supposed to rain through Thursday. The most rainfall since records keeping started. I still prefer this to extreme heat and drought but normal would be nice for a change.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:49 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PremierT&L View Post
Hey Alex it just started pouring here and it's headed your way!

Man, I have a whole bunch of properties we're supposed to mow tomorrow that we couldn't mow Thursday and Friday. Looks like it's going to rain all day tomorrow. Doh!
Wow man you weren't kidding! It's only drizzle right now and the showers are scattered. Just another day in paradise. I just switched to gator blades on all my mowers, and boy do they make a difference.

Ive taken advantage of the world market and started a new business. We are building bombs in the shape of prayer blankets for our middle eastern customers. Business couldnt be better. The prophets are going through the roof!!
Old 08-19-2013, 09:35 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexschultz1 View Post
Wow man you weren't kidding! It's only drizzle right now and the showers are scattered. Just another day in paradise. I just switched to gator blades on all my mowers, and boy do they make a difference.
I can still run gators on my weekly bermuda cuts. If it is a fescue or a yard with lots of clover or broadleaf weeds, I have to use the high lifts or I just have green soup and clumps everywhere. I'm caught up, and it looks like Friday will be the 1st dry day this week. You FT guys have my sympathy.