Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-10-2013, 03:28 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuvecorp View Post
JR, don't you have two pickups? What about your Bobcat? You have assets to get in to a big skid. Payments are not the devil, you also need to have good credit but like Shane said, hoard the cash. You have to bid really tight to get work away from guys and a TK140 will be so much more productive and still versatile. You don't have to buy a new one, there are a lot of eyes on here that can help finding a good one but still a good price.

As for the truck thing, if you can't understand what I'm saying I can't help you. A small dump has been very important in my growth and cash flow, no dump trailer would have been as effective.
And if you can't understand that a truck is not what I am going for right now then I can't help you. A truck is in my plans, just not right now. It all comes with time..
Old 08-10-2013, 03:43 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior M View Post
And if you can't understand that a truck is not what I am going for right now then I can't help you. A truck is in my plans, just not right now. It all comes with time..
So what are you asking then if you have it all figured out? Guys have been trying to help you.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:41 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuvecorp View Post
I'm thinking more like a single axle size either what is called a 'county' truck or one with a shorter contractor type box(like my Kodiak). . And now most have some real nice specs(diesel/auto/heavy fronts). A county truck can also handle hauling equipment but with a big trailer it puts you in CDL land.

I'm considering selling my chipper and hauling more since I have places to take logs and recycle them for erosion control or firewood. If I cut the biggest logs out, my mulcher will handle the tops and all the brush but that probably wouldn't be as cost-effective as the chipper.

Twitter @Cedar_Clearing
Old 08-10-2013, 07:15 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEL View Post
If you have the work for the machine why not pay cash for it? If work slows down, or that particular machine isn't being used you don't have to sweat about a payment. For someone in juniors shoes I don't think he has much of an option but to lease/finance or rto. But buying something on a whim and saying you will just find work for it is pretty risky if you ask me. Belive me I have been there before, and will never go back.
Nothing wrong with paying cash however sometimes having that cash availble rather than tied up in a machine can be advantageous. 100 ways too spin and there is no "Only 1 right way" too do it. One thing we all will agree on is without equipment we cannot do the work so you have too find what works best for your situiation and regardless of planning no one can predict the future so when it takes a dump you need too be in a situation where you can get through it.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:18 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowDogSVC View Post

I'm considering selling my chipper and hauling more since I have places to take logs and recycle them for erosion control or firewood. If I cut the biggest logs out, my mulcher will handle the tops and all the brush but that probably wouldn't be as cost-effective as the chipper.
F650 will haul about 7 tons and a F750 will haul about 10 tons with a dump bed. One will require a cdl. A flatbed dump is a really good truck for your plans. Sure a debris box is made for what you are talking about but less verasatile.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:28 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Heading to stormcon Tuesday.. It's pricey to get in, but hopefully I come back with some new knowledge and some ideas..
Old 08-16-2013, 02:00 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior M View Post
Heading to stormcon Tuesday.. It's pricey to get in, but hopefully I come back with some new knowledge and some ideas..
I wanted to go this year, but just too busy. Let me know how it is.
Old 08-16-2013, 04:29 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayzKajun View Post
I wanted to go this year, but just too busy. Let me know how it is.
Will do.

Anybody else happen to be going?
Old 08-16-2013, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

What is stormcon?
Old 08-17-2013, 06:59 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Green View Post
What is stormcon?
Www.stormcon.com