Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-13-2013, 01:15 PM
LawnSite Member

[QUOTE=WilsonBoud;4836078]Hi Pooswa,

Who is your Bad Boy Dealer.....???

Congress power .. Just went there They are Four week behind On service... place in Rayne just opened up will try to bring there they only two weeks behind ...let
Me know if you know anywhere else
Old 08-13-2013, 07:37 PM
LawnSite Member

I went to Congress Equipment because I was seriously considering the Ferris 3100. I needed a demo on my property because I needed to know how well, and how fast is would cut on my very rough property.

In talking to the salesman, he assured me that a demo on my property could be arranged.

I called on three more occasions reminding them that they had agreed to a demo on my property, and three times they said "Sure, we can do that". It never happed in a total of four weeks.

I called the Scag dealer (McGyver in Rayne) and, Southland Engine (in Lafayette), they jumped at the chance for a demo, and made it happen.

I went with a Scag Cheetah. A great cut at speed cut my cutting time from 4.25 hours down to 1.5 hours. I was both surprised and very pleased.

Old 08-13-2013, 08:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonBoud View Post
I went to Congress Equipment because I was seriously considering the Ferris 3100. I needed a demo on my property because I needed to know how well, and how fast is would cut on my very rough property.

In talking to the salesman, he assured me that a demo on my property could be arranged.

I called on three more occasions reminding them that they had agreed to a demo on my property, and three times they said "Sure, we can do that". It never happed in a total of four weeks.

I called the Scag dealer (McGyver in Rayne) and, Southland Engine (in Lafayette), they jumped at the chance for a demo, and made it happen.

I went with a Scag Cheetah. A great cut at speed cut my cutting time from 4.25 hours down to 1.5 hours. I was both surprised and very pleased.

Mcgyvers is where I brought it this afternoon ..ya I'm not to pleased with congress equip..when they said a 4 week wait and then I looked over in there shop and somebody was working on there car! I mentioned that and they said he was on lunch! Not to much off a drive distance for me to go to Rayne so ill use them from now on if needed.

Last edited by Pooswa; 08-13-2013 at 09:03 PM.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Mower fixed! Had a broken wire somewhere in the arm that I overlooked ..back to cutting tomorrow!
Old 08-16-2013, 11:14 PM
LawnSite Member

Glad you got it up and going again..
Old 08-16-2013, 11:26 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooswa View Post
Mower fixed! Had a broken wire somewhere in the arm that I overlooked ..back to cutting tomorrow!

Hi Pooswa....

Looks like it was a quick fix, and not a two week waiting period. Wishing you great service.

One more cut for me and it will be time for the first oil change. I'm loving this stuff......

Old 08-17-2013, 07:58 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks ...Wilsonbound do you know any lawn care service that does weed control and fertilization around our area?
Old 08-17-2013, 02:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooswa View Post
Thanks ...Wilsonbound do you know any lawn care service that does weed control and fertilization around our area?

No... Sorry. I don't know any lawn care people personally.