Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-19-2013, 06:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Advice on a skid spray rig and other equipment, please

I've just recently gotten my applicators license and now need to purchase equipment but don't really know where to begin. I've been in business for 8 years and am a licensed irrigator so I'm very familiar with the industry and have accounts setup with vendors but am just unfamiliar with the various equipment manufacturers in this area. I'll be using an F250 diesel for applications initially so I've got capacity for a larger spray tank if needed.

My question is who makes good or the best skid spray rigs and where do you normally purchase this sort of stuff? We don't have a BWI in town that I'm aware of. John Deere Landscapes sells a smallish one but it doesn't look to me to be all that robust for daily use and Northern Tool has some options but while I like Northern, I know that the mowers, line trimmers, etc. that they sell are not commercial quality so I'm very hesitant to purchase a spray rig there.

What size skid spray should I get?

For the other stuff, I'm guessing the Lesco spreaders and backpack sprayers are good stuff or do you guys prefer someone else? Our current mowing customers are all fairly small lots (under 20k total) so I don't really think that a ride on spreader is needed, at least not right now.

I'd like to stay under $6k - $8k in startup equipment if that's possible. I can spend more if I need to, just don't want to and I already have a truck so I'm hoping that's a workable budget.

I know my questions are a little vague but any help or direction you guys are willing to offer is greatly appreciated.