Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 08-19-2013, 11:47 PM
LawnSite Member

I agree with irritation on this. We winterize lots of trailers/mobile homes and even if we do it all right in some cases the pipes freeze and blow out due to an old worn main shut-off valve that leaks and slowly fills the pipes up.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:38 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

for those of you that use zip ties to to keep ballvalves closed how do you set them up?

do you use a special color or marking on said zip tie?

very curious, we might start going this way as every year seems that we get 1 or 2 that water just showed up in the pipes..

CSR
Old 08-20-2013, 09:00 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPT Stream Rotar View Post
for those of you that use zip ties to to keep ballvalves closed how do you set them up?

do you use a special color or marking on said zip tie?

very curious, we might start going this way as every year seems that we get 1 or 2 that water just showed up in the pipes..

CSR
We use writeable flag ties
Old 08-21-2013, 10:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venturewest View Post
Thanks for the great information, everyone who posted. I hadn't considered the possibility of water entering the system after winterization. I guess the water bills may show any usage if this is the case. It also seems like a great service protocol for the BF to be disassembled and stored for winter.

Is general liability the one who would pay for the water loss if negligence was found on the part of the contractor?

Thanks again.
Insurance is an necessary expense that most of us feel is too high as it is, so we have not filed a claim for any damages or repairs ever. Stolen tools and small fender benders we end up paying out of pocket also.

We do mess up don't get me wrong, but IMO it is better to take it on the chin and move on. In my experience, the insurance companies seem to get their money no matter what.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:09 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irrigation Contractor View Post
Insurance is an necessary expense that most of us feel is too high as it is, so we have not filed a claim for any damages or repairs ever. Stolen tools and small fender benders we end up paying out of pocket also.

We do mess up don't get me wrong, but IMO it is better to take it on the chin and move on. In my experience, the insurance companies seem to get their money no matter what.
Correct they do. Its a joke. Ya carry ins , if they pay a claim your rates go up till you actualy paid the claim.