Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-20-2013, 02:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks Green.

I'm buried busy the next few days, but will stop by the Bad Boy dealer hoepfully Friday and look at the model number that is actually on the engine. Now that you guys have provided the information, I can find out the answer.

Bad Boy is a really neat company, but still small. I would like to think that the descrepancy in their literature is accidental. Manufacturing is their expertise, not marketing.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:58 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

They all make mistakes in their literature, especially since it is usually farmed out to people from other countries that don't speak our language, or do so poorly.

It just shows that you need to be up on all this stuff when starting a search for a new machine of any kind or brand. Many times the sales people know less than nothing about what they are selling, and hope that the customer doesn't either so that they can snow-job them into buying something.

This post is a prime example of what I am talking about-

http://www.lawnsite.com/showpost.php...8&postcount=10

Last edited by Ridin' Green; 08-20-2013 at 03:07 PM.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:51 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Honestly dont bother looking at horsepower. Look at cc. A 800cc engine from one company is going to put out about the same HP/TQ as an 800cc engine from another company. If you want more HP/TQ get a larger displacement engine....
Old 08-20-2013, 06:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugs View Post
Honestly dont bother looking at horsepower. Look at cc. A 800cc engine from one company is going to put out about the same HP/TQ as an 800cc engine from another company. If you want more HP/TQ get a larger displacement engine....
According to what you've just stated, the Kawasaki FX921V (31 hp), the FX1000V (35 hp), and the FX1000V-DFI (37 hp), all 999cc engines and from what you said should all be equal in power, is this what you feel to be accurate?