Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #21  
Old 08-21-2013, 07:38 AM
mountainjogger mountainjogger is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Pilot Mountain, NC
Posts: 24
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
I maintain properties from postage stamp to 5+ acres. A 52" is a great all around deck size.
Good to hear you say that. I took a tape measure out and came to the conclusion that I could not handle a larger size. When I demo'd the 52, I realized that there were a lot a places that the larger machine could not mow.

But several friends keep saying go big. "You will cut down your mowing time."

But as you say, 52 is a great all around size. And what good does a bigger machine do me if there are a bunch of areas I cannot mow with it. I already have about 6 hours of push mowing and weed eating every other week as it is (some areas do not need it every week).
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-21-2013, 08:40 AM
mountainjogger mountainjogger is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Pilot Mountain, NC
Posts: 24
Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaver View Post
What kind of price are you getting for a 61in Bob Cat Procat SE?
Do not know about the 61. Got quotes on the 52.

Best quote so far on the SE 52 is $7750 plus tax. On the regular Procat non SE with the FX 730, $8449 plus tax. Big Dog x-1052 with Kaw engine is $7799 plus tax.

But please note that my wife insists on me getting a unit with a roll bar. The 2012's and early 13's without the roll bar are about $400 to $500 less.

Dealer told me that in a few years, even weed eaters and leaf blowers will have to have roll bars.

I guess I need to get with the program.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-21-2013, 08:52 AM
mountainjogger mountainjogger is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Pilot Mountain, NC
Posts: 24
website with bobcat ztr prices and rebate

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaver View Post
What kind of price are you getting for a 61in Bob Cat Procat SE?
Also, if you go to http://www.knightsinc.com they list what they say is MSRP and sale prices for all Bobcat ztrs. While the numbers I am getting from my local dealer are lower, I have found that he difference between units on their sale price is the same as my dealer.

Last, I have been told that Bobcat had a $500 rebate/incentive which expired at the end of July (right before I started looking for a ztr). Maybe they will issue the rebate again in the spring.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-21-2013, 09:06 AM
weaver weaver is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainjogger View Post
Also, if you go to http://www.knightsinc.com they list what they say is MSRP and sale prices for all Bobcat ztrs. While the numbers I am getting from my local dealer are lower, I have found that he difference between units on their sale price is the same as my dealer.

Last, I have been told that Bobcat had a $500 rebate/incentive which expired at the end of July (right before I started looking for a ztr). Maybe they will issue the rebate again in the spring.
Now that's the way ALL dealers should have there website... Dealers here make you come in and then it's not a simple how much is it.. There like well lets sit down and discuss....Blah Blah Blah.... I really like having a general idea how much something is before hand...
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-21-2013, 09:50 AM
mountainjogger mountainjogger is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Pilot Mountain, NC
Posts: 24
Also, called Bobcat turf on the number listed in the contact section of their website early last week. They advised that it was in the discretion of the local distributor (not dealer) as to wether to allow a late rebate/incentive that did not meet the cutoff date. So far I have not had any luck with my request for the same.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-21-2013, 10:14 AM
mountainjogger mountainjogger is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Pilot Mountain, NC
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainjogger View Post
Also, called Bobcat turf on the number listed in the contact section of their website early last week. They advised that it was in the discretion of the local distributor (not dealer) as to wether to allow a late rebate/incentive that did not meet the cutoff date. So far I have not had any luck with my request for the same.
Just spoke to dealer. Says rebate is definitely over for this year.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-21-2013, 10:18 AM
pugs pugs is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Southwest of Chicago
Posts: 2,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainjogger View Post
Just spoke to dealer. Says rebate is definitely over for this year.
It really would not matter as the Rebates are generally off of MSRP. If you are getting quotes lower than MSRP already then you are not going to get a rebate off the already lowered price.

It may only be my distributor but I believe they are still running a 400 off on Procats and predator pros right now. But I dont see that on the website so as I said it might only be our distributor doing that.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-21-2013, 11:32 AM
mountainjogger mountainjogger is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Pilot Mountain, NC
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugs View Post
It really would not matter as the Rebates are generally off of MSRP. If you are getting quotes lower than MSRP already then you are not going to get a rebate off the already lowered price.

It may only be my distributor but I believe they are still running a 400 off on Procats and predator pros right now. But I dont see that on the website so as I said it might only be our distributor doing that.
Makes sense. Thanks for the info.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-21-2013, 01:25 PM
puppypaws's Avatar
puppypaws puppypaws is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Marshville,NC 28103
Posts: 7,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainjogger View Post
Do not know about the 61. Got quotes on the 52.

Best quote so far on the SE 52 is $7750 plus tax. On the regular Procat non SE with the FX 730, $8449 plus tax. Big Dog x-1052 with Kaw engine is $7799 plus tax.

But please note that my wife insists on me getting a unit with a roll bar. The 2012's and early 13's without the roll bar are about $400 to $500 less.

Dealer told me that in a few years, even weed eaters and leaf blowers will have to have roll bars.

I guess I need to get with the program.
My dealer is quoting the J Model which includes the roll over protection which adds about $400.

The SE 52 / FX651 he quoted at $7923.00

The ProCat 52 / FX730 he quoted at $8446


He also made the statement if you were willing to drive to Monroe and pick the mower up he would make it worth your trip.
__________________
Farm Mower
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-21-2013, 03:23 PM
ProStreetCamaro's Avatar
ProStreetCamaro ProStreetCamaro is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Gaithersburg Maryland
Posts: 3,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
My dealer is quoting the J Model which includes the roll over protection which adds about $400.

The SE 52 / FX651 he quoted at $7923.00

The ProCat 52 / FX730 he quoted at $8446


He also made the statement if you were willing to drive to Monroe and pick the mower up he would make it worth your trip.


Sounds like very good price's to me. If he is not to far away then that might be the way to go.
__________________
2013 Gravely 460Z 29EFI
2011 Gravely 36GR
2008 Gravely 160Z
2004 Gravely 34Z
1998 Lazer Z HP 48 (old faithful)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:44 AM.

Page generated in 0.07346 seconds with 9 queries