Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-21-2013, 07:38 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
I maintain properties from postage stamp to 5+ acres. A 52" is a great all around deck size.
Good to hear you say that. I took a tape measure out and came to the conclusion that I could not handle a larger size. When I demo'd the 52, I realized that there were a lot a places that the larger machine could not mow.

But several friends keep saying go big. "You will cut down your mowing time."

But as you say, 52 is a great all around size. And what good does a bigger machine do me if there are a bunch of areas I cannot mow with it. I already have about 6 hours of push mowing and weed eating every other week as it is (some areas do not need it every week).
Old 08-21-2013, 08:40 AM
LawnSite Member

Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaver View Post
What kind of price are you getting for a 61in Bob Cat Procat SE?
Do not know about the 61. Got quotes on the 52.

Best quote so far on the SE 52 is $7750 plus tax. On the regular Procat non SE with the FX 730, $8449 plus tax. Big Dog x-1052 with Kaw engine is $7799 plus tax.

But please note that my wife insists on me getting a unit with a roll bar. The 2012's and early 13's without the roll bar are about $400 to $500 less.

Dealer told me that in a few years, even weed eaters and leaf blowers will have to have roll bars.

I guess I need to get with the program.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:52 AM
LawnSite Member

website with bobcat ztr prices and rebate

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaver View Post
What kind of price are you getting for a 61in Bob Cat Procat SE?
Also, if you go to http://www.knightsinc.com they list what they say is MSRP and sale prices for all Bobcat ztrs. While the numbers I am getting from my local dealer are lower, I have found that he difference between units on their sale price is the same as my dealer.

Last, I have been told that Bobcat had a $500 rebate/incentive which expired at the end of July (right before I started looking for a ztr). Maybe they will issue the rebate again in the spring.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:06 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainjogger View Post
Also, if you go to http://www.knightsinc.com they list what they say is MSRP and sale prices for all Bobcat ztrs. While the numbers I am getting from my local dealer are lower, I have found that he difference between units on their sale price is the same as my dealer.

Last, I have been told that Bobcat had a $500 rebate/incentive which expired at the end of July (right before I started looking for a ztr). Maybe they will issue the rebate again in the spring.
Now that's the way ALL dealers should have there website... Dealers here make you come in and then it's not a simple how much is it.. There like well lets sit down and discuss....Blah Blah Blah.... I really like having a general idea how much something is before hand...
Old 08-21-2013, 09:50 AM
LawnSite Member

Also, called Bobcat turf on the number listed in the contact section of their website early last week. They advised that it was in the discretion of the local distributor (not dealer) as to wether to allow a late rebate/incentive that did not meet the cutoff date. So far I have not had any luck with my request for the same.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:14 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Also, called Bobcat turf on the number listed in the contact section of their website early last week. They advised that it was in the discretion of the local distributor (not dealer) as to wether to allow a late rebate/incentive that did not meet the cutoff date. So far I have not had any luck with my request for the same.
Just spoke to dealer. Says rebate is definitely over for this year.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:18 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Just spoke to dealer. Says rebate is definitely over for this year.
It really would not matter as the Rebates are generally off of MSRP. If you are getting quotes lower than MSRP already then you are not going to get a rebate off the already lowered price.

It may only be my distributor but I believe they are still running a 400 off on Procats and predator pros right now. But I dont see that on the website so as I said it might only be our distributor doing that.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:32 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugs View Post
It really would not matter as the Rebates are generally off of MSRP. If you are getting quotes lower than MSRP already then you are not going to get a rebate off the already lowered price.

It may only be my distributor but I believe they are still running a 400 off on Procats and predator pros right now. But I dont see that on the website so as I said it might only be our distributor doing that.
Makes sense. Thanks for the info.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Do not know about the 61. Got quotes on the 52.

Best quote so far on the SE 52 is $7750 plus tax. On the regular Procat non SE with the FX 730, $8449 plus tax. Big Dog x-1052 with Kaw engine is $7799 plus tax.

But please note that my wife insists on me getting a unit with a roll bar. The 2012's and early 13's without the roll bar are about $400 to $500 less.

Dealer told me that in a few years, even weed eaters and leaf blowers will have to have roll bars.

I guess I need to get with the program.
My dealer is quoting the J Model which includes the roll over protection which adds about $400.

The SE 52 / FX651 he quoted at $7923.00

The ProCat 52 / FX730 he quoted at $8446

He also made the statement if you were willing to drive to Monroe and pick the mower up he would make it worth your trip.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:23 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
My dealer is quoting the J Model which includes the roll over protection which adds about $400.

The SE 52 / FX651 he quoted at $7923.00

The ProCat 52 / FX730 he quoted at $8446

He also made the statement if you were willing to drive to Monroe and pick the mower up he would make it worth your trip.

Sounds like very good price's to me. If he is not to far away then that might be the way to go.
2004 Gravely 34Z
1998 Lazer Z HP 48 (old faithful)