Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-22-2013, 02:33 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronmg View Post
Thanks for the info!!! this is why this site can''t be beat for info on any and everything!!!
Haha indeed sir. But I just wish that they would have like a section with how to videos. Instead of having to switch to youtube and such.
Old 08-22-2013, 02:42 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

then the mechanics on here would have to deal with the competition giving 2$ oil changes!!! lol
Old 08-22-2013, 02:49 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

There is a video section on here, all the videos are hosted on youtube but you can view them through the site. There's even one there titled "how to fix your mower, trimmer or any small engine". The videos are right between the General forums and Business sections. A lot of them are ads from sponsors but there's some others mixed in. I didn't watch the small engine repair one so I don't know how beneficial it is.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:01 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronmg View Post
then the mechanics on here would have to deal with the competition giving 2$ oil changes!!! lol
Don't forget parts...
One quart of oil runs $6.
The filter likely another $4.
And maybe not quite but between oil and filter you're close to $10 and you better hope they didn't sell you a "Kohler" filter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
Thanks Aaron for the response but how would you diagnos what the problem is or would possibly be.
The Owner's Manual has a troubleshooting section now at some point you just have to get up and do it, this isn't the type of thing that's going to set itself down in your lap, it's more like one of those things you have to go and reach out, it requires action.

Start with the small stuff, an air filter, a spark plug, an oil change.
Graduate from there.

There isn't much else to it, you will find most things require tools, as a rule the more complex the repair, the wider the range of tools needed.
So we start with the simple stuff as that usually requires few tools, therein lies expense, we build our toolset as we grow.

Last edited by herler; 08-22-2013 at 08:06 AM.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:45 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
That's awesome that you like the mower. I know the price point is good on the pro stance compared to the vantage. How does the pro stance hold up in wet conditions such as wet grass with a mulch kit because I have heard that the exmarks have a little difficulty when it comes to wet conditions with the mulch kit.
I don't run the mulch kit on it, but i have mowed right after a pretty heavy rain on my property and it didn't clump at all. I had a little bit of turf damage but that is me just learning how to master the 180 turn while barely keeping the one tire moving slightly. I did have to scrape the underside of the deck though it wasn't bad.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:16 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Guess I'm lucky,I have natural mechanical abilities. I was taking motorcycle apart down to the transmission when I was 12. I never send anything out for repairs. I even rebuilt the automatic transmission on my van, first time I did one of those and it's been doing fine for over 5 years now.
I would recommend buying name brand tools (Craftsman, Snap on, S-K etc)at flea-markets. I just don't like the tool from Harbor Freight.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:16 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I never wanted to be a mechanic....Just wasnt any good at anythimg else...

BTW..Chuck....Liked all you movies...Say Hi to Christy....
Old 08-22-2013, 11:52 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by piston slapper View Post
BTW..Chuck....Liked all you movies...Say Hi to Christy....

You can tell him yourself...... OOOPS...... http://www.nochucknorris.com/

"Why go out preserved when you can go out beat up, worn out, sliding in sideways screaming, Holy Sh!t What A Ride" !!!
Old 08-22-2013, 03:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTS View Post
There is a video section on here, all the videos are hosted on youtube but you can view them through the site. There's even one there titled "how to fix your mower, trimmer or any small engine". The videos are right between the General forums and Business sections. A lot of them are ads from sponsors but there's some others mixed in. I didn't watch the small engine repair one so I don't know how beneficial it is.
Oh wow. That is indeed something I will have to check out when I am done for the day!! 97 degrees so far. Oh rain how I miss you so much!
Old 08-23-2013, 08:46 AM
LawnSite Member

Well, I always had observed my brothers and dad when they worked on stuff and helped them, so I knew basics like air filter changes and spark plugs, stuff like that.

Most everything else I either figured out as I went or watched youtube for. Especially this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/user/donyboy73/featured