Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-21-2013, 03:01 AM
LawnSite Member

What's it worth?

09 Hustler Super Z 60" with a 31hp Kawasaki. Mowe only has 70hrs on it. Also has the XR7 deck and what is everyone's opinion on the XR7?
Old 08-22-2013, 12:36 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dog Diablo View Post
09 Hustler Super Z 60" with a 31hp Kawasaki. Mowe only has 70hrs on it. Also has the XR7 deck and what is everyone's opinion on the XR7?
Thats a pretty weak deck performance wise unless you cut grass in florida.
To much turbulence, deck has to be scraped often and cut quality is not good unless you cut a very stiff grass.

2013 Exmark Pioneer S 60" Ultracut (Review with pics) http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=410996

2010 Badboy Outlaw 6100 31 KAWI

2008 Exmark Lazer Z AS 60" U/C 28 Kawi

2000 Exmark Lazer Z 60" L/C Kawi 4100 + hrs strong
Old 08-22-2013, 08:36 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

MJB is right on here. One thing I have noticed, if you go with the xr7, invest in a set of the notched foil high lifts from the vx4. They don't produce as much turbulence and leave a better cut. My xr7 cuts fine fescue well with this setup.

It's also a decent deck for cutting overgrown stuff.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurbAppealKS View Post
MJB is right on here. One thing I have noticed, if you go with the xr7, invest in a set of the notched foil high lifts from the vx4. They don't produce as much turbulence and leave a better cut. My xr7 cuts fine fescue well with this setup.

It's also a decent deck for cutting overgrown stuff.
Can you post a pic of those blades for me please and exactly what do you mean by turbulence.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:26 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Turbulence is simply the way the air from one spinning blades reacts when it comes into contact with the air from another (or bother other) spinning blades, and they way it all acts/reacts as it moves across the deck on its way out. Some blades cause a huge difference in those reactions, making the QOC either better or worse. Some just cause a difference that is neither better or worse, just different.

An example of that last statement- I normally use the OEM high lifts that come on my machine, but occasionally switch over to G6's depending on what I am cutting, or the conditions. The OEM's move more air/have more lift and it is easily seen in the discharge etc, but for some reason, the G6's cause a LOT more blowout at the front edge of the deck, even though they move less air.

It looks to me like you're already running notched high lifts in your pics in your other thread. The notch would be the cutout looking area just before the sail starts to rise up from your blades.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:58 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dog Diablo View Post
It's worth what someone is willing to pay, and it will be worth more to one than another...$5000 would be a fair price. I been cutting wet, and I mean wet crabgrass all afternoon with a 2006 XR-7, and it gave me no problem whatsoever, it did a great job.