Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-14-2013, 10:04 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monoshock View Post
Have a guy ride with you and stand by your rig as you mow spinning a sign for lawn care. Maybe I've come up with something.
As crazy as this sounds, this would definately gain attention! Maybe even get him to dress up like Statue Of Liberty like the tax sign spinners!
Old 08-14-2013, 10:29 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callahan's Lawn Services View Post
As crazy as this sounds, this would definately gain attention! Maybe even get him to dress up like Statue Of Liberty like the tax sign spinners!
For some reason I find this a tacky method.
Old 08-14-2013, 05:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
For some reason I find this a tacky method.
haha i dont think ill be trying this. altho ive never seen it before but i dont think ill be doing it.
Old 08-14-2013, 05:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgialawn88 View Post
haha i dont think ill be trying this. altho ive never seen it before but i dont think ill be doing it.
They are everywhere here. From pizza, taxes,phones,real estate to we buy gold shops.
Old 08-23-2013, 01:45 PM
Sponsor

Well now is a great time for door hangers since the summer is coming to a close! A'deas Printing just released a new special for 1000 door hangers (featuring their state of the art Band-It) for only $99.00! With it comes FREE 3 day rush, next day proof approval, AND a free design option. So, if you don't have a file that's ready for printing, utilize our excellent designer or our online design application. They also do direct mail for post cards too. For more information visit their website at www.adeasprinting.com
Old 08-23-2013, 03:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgialawn88 View Post
Next year starting jan 1st my advertising budget will be 5 thousand dollars. What is best bang for your buck? direct mail? I only do fert and weed control so I wanna advertise at pre-m time mostly but where do you put your money? I know I will have some free days I can go door to door and leave estimates with the customer on their door knob which works well but that will not take up much of the 5 k. Do you have most luck direct mailing or what are some other options you have had luck in?

Thanks
I would have to say that EDDM is hard to beat that involves a great call to action message. But you could also make some sample bags of seed and such with an educational message to inform the customer why do this why do that. Which also seems to be super effective.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callahan's Lawn Services View Post
Have him dress like Bob Marley and spin a sign saying GOT GRASS?
Old 08-23-2013, 09:34 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
I would have to say that EDDM is hard to beat that involves a great call to action message. But you could also make some sample bags of seed and such with an educational message to inform the customer why do this why do that. Which also seems to be super effective.
Are you referring to driveway drops of sandwich bags? That has been discussed her many times and the vast majority consider it a tacky scrub means of advertising.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:36 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Are you referring to driveway drops of sandwich bags? That has been discussed her many times and the vast majority consider it a tacky scrub means of advertising.
Iuse it for another business. it works
Old 08-23-2013, 10:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Haha hell no!!

But a great flyer that focuses on the educational value of what you're trying to sell and send them like a sample bag ie. a small zip lock bag or like at office depot we have these 3◊5 resealable bags that are used for shipping purchases which would be ideal and just staple a business card on the front and you will be golden and it's pretty good! Or on the back of the flyer have a sample pack stapled to it. There are many ways of doings this but a lot of people have done it the wrong way which is plastic bag thrown in driveway. If you do that it makes you and your company look like crap imo