Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 08-23-2013, 07:47 PM
LawnSite Member

Scheduling Software

I need to invest in a scheduling software, but I'm not sure which one to go with. I would love to get Real Green, but its too expensive. Maybe in a few years, just not now. Any suggestions? I've looked at Jobber, Clip, and QExpress. I wasn't all that impressed with the Clip website..I kind of expect more from a software developer. I'm a little worried that may be an indication of their product quality. Jobber and QExpress both seem pretty good. I'm open to other suggestions as well, just not Real Green.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:10 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Used clip for about 12 or so years....I looked at most of all the others and clip offers more bang for the buck...the creator used to be in the lawncare industry...Wright. ..
My guys enter data on tablets and I download the work at end of day...transfer to Quickbooks...email invoices takes maybe 5 minutes...
Preservice email notifications, postservice email notifications

I've heard folks talk about the graphics...imo, not an issue..their customer support is very good as well and respond to suggestions...
2 Sears electric weedeaters
1 green machine electric leaf blower
1 sears articulating hedge trimmer-electric
2 50ft power cords
3 Leaf rakes
1 shovel
1 pocket knife
cooler for beer
lawn chair to enjoy a beer while I wait for the cash to be handed to me
Old 08-23-2013, 08:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend cut easymoney View Post
Used clip for about 12 or so years....I looked at most of all the others and clip offers more bang for the buck...the creator used to be in the lawncare industry...Wright. ..
My guys enter data on tablets and I download the work at end of day...transfer to Quickbooks...email invoices takes maybe 5 minutes...
Preservice email notifications, postservice email notifications

I've heard folks talk about the graphics...imo, not an issue..their customer support is very good as well and respond to suggestions...
Do they have a limits on the number of customers in the system?
Old 08-23-2013, 08:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Try a look at RDF. It's made for PC only
http://www.rdfsoftware.com/
Old 08-23-2013, 10:31 PM
LawnSite Member

Guess I should have mentioned that I use Mac products only.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

gopher isn't bad for the price, its worked well for me. I'm looking at jobber, but its a monthly fee and the chem app tracking just sucks if you ask me. gopher does most everything i need anyway, its just that it hasn't been updated since like 2006.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spraytek View Post
I need to invest in a scheduling software, but I'm not sure which one to go with. I would love to get Real Green, but its too expensive. Maybe in a few years, just not now. Any suggestions? I've looked at Jobber, Clip, and QExpress. I wasn't all that impressed with the Clip website..I kind of expect more from a software developer. I'm a little worried that may be an indication of their product quality. Jobber and QExpress both seem pretty good. I'm open to other suggestions as well, just not Real Green.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:55 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spraytek View Post
Do they have a limits on the number of customers in the system?
I think no....if you are a clip partner...meaning, you pay 30 per month and get all updates and full priority support...thry have lots of 'how to' videos..etc
2 Sears electric weedeaters
1 green machine electric leaf blower
1 sears articulating hedge trimmer-electric
2 50ft power cords
3 Leaf rakes
1 shovel
1 pocket knife
cooler for beer
lawn chair to enjoy a beer while I wait for the cash to be handed to me
Old 08-24-2013, 06:54 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Had this conversation with another the other day. I see it like this: if you know you want /need real green, why waste any amount of money on a stop-gap software until you get rg? the money you spent elsewhere would have been that much closer to getting what you want.

You wouldnt go to a weight watchers meeting to find a first wife to hold you over until you find your trophy wife would you? same thing. Buy what you need the first time.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:11 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by inzane View Post
gopher isn't bad for the price, its worked well for me. I'm looking at jobber, but its a monthly fee and the chem app tracking just sucks if you ask me. gopher does most everything i need anyway, its just that it hasn't been updated since like 2006.
Hey inzane: Care to elaborate on what you don't like about our chemical tracking? Our customers that are using it seem to love it, and it's pretty straight forward functionality, so it would be great to hear what you don't like about it.

Cheers,
Sam @ Jobber

Watch our 14 minute Quick Tour Video

Have feedback for Jobber? Email or call me direct at 587-400-9852.

www.getjobber.com | landen@getjobber.com | 1-888-721-1115 Ext 114
Twitter: @GetJobber | Jobber on Facebook

Old 08-26-2013, 06:33 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobber View Post
Hey inzane: Care to elaborate on what you don't like about our chemical tracking? Our customers that are using it seem to love it, and it's pretty straight forward functionality, so it would be great to hear what you don't like about it.

Cheers,
Sam @ Jobber
I can honestly say he means what he says too. A lot of us who use jobber have shared idea how to make it run better for us. I can't think of anything that hasn't been added at the request of us yet. I've personally been on the phone with sam for a couple hrs getting stuff to fit when I first started and he never once rushed the conversation or left me out to dry.