Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 08-22-2013, 07:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCL Services View Post
Man I am ready for this summer to be done. These rain storms in the middle of the day are killing us. Come on October
Hitting the like button on this, heavy rain three times today and been raining all evening, challenging summer to say the least.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:31 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Im more than ready for summer to end. We really haven't had much rain though the past 3 weeks. Just been humid as hell. August is BY FAR the worst.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:55 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

This has to be a top 5 year for humidity. Temps have been pretty decent. Only one really hot period.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:11 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

The frequent rains have really added to our maint schedule. PGR's have been useless this year, so its biweekly trimming on everything. The rain and wind have brought down a lot of branches that need to picked up every week. The guys are getting wore down faster this year too. It all adds up to everything taking longer to accomplish. I hope Oct 1st is like a light switch this year.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:15 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
The frequent rains have really added to our maint schedule. PGR's have been useless this year, so its biweekly trimming on everything. The rain and wind have brought down a lot of branches that need to picked up every week. The guys are getting wore down faster this year too. It all adds up to everything taking longer to accomplish. I hope Oct 1st is like a light switch this year.

what you are desribing is the last few weeks for us. each day takes a little longer, everyone is beat to hell. we just honestly can not move as fast in the heat, of course our water consumption has increased significantly, which often means more bathroom breaks.

just a few more weeks though boys.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

This summer has been a tuff one! It seems like the last month, the afternoon heat index is in the 110 range and I'm beat as well. If I'm not working on the weekends to catch up, I'm sitting in the pool or inside the AC. But business is good! Keep on truckin.....
Old 08-25-2013, 07:38 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Very odd today...was like 86 with what felt like no humidity...i truly hope its a sign of things to come. At the very least its the last week of the worst month. October is right around the corner...
Old 08-25-2013, 08:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCL Services View Post
Man I am ready for this summer to be done. These rain storms in the middle of the day are killing us. Come on October
Ditto. Today has been the first time in 4 months where we have had more than 2 consecutive rain-free days. It has cooled off, though. However, temps and rain chances go back up on Thursday.

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. --Leonardo da Vinci

http://integritylawnpro.com
Old 08-26-2013, 01:17 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Wasn't too bad Saturday. Avoided the rain until 7pm. Not quite as humid. Almost caught up.

I tried to go out and do 3+ acre one today after being unable to cut it Wednesday, due to standing water. Mistake. They had 4 more inches on Friday. The place is a marsh now! Started pouring again when I was string trimming a patch for their dogs to be able to go out. If it didn't rain another drop, their back yard probably couldn't be cut for 10-14 days at this point.

Rain ended up beating me to every place I wanted to get done. Packed up and went home and grilled some steaks. I went back out and got a commercial done late this afternoon. It was pretty nice until 6pm when the breeze just went away and the humidity returned.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:56 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, i just checked the forecast for my area. Clear for the next five days. Then 8/31 -- 9/4, rain is forecasted at 40% chance EVERYDAY. The trend I have seen is that the forecasted rain chance goes UP the closer we approach a long stretch of probable precipitation. Mark my words, by Friday of this week, the forecast will change to 60% rain chance for at least two of the days next week.

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. --Leonardo da Vinci

http://integritylawnpro.com