Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-24-2013, 06:55 PM
Hank3rd's Avatar
Hank3rd Hank3rd is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 44
Walker mower no catch deflector storage

I picked up a new MT26 today and love it! I have a couple lawns where I will not collect and I **** grass in the wood fence. I am thinking about picking up the no catch deflector, but I have a question. Does it fold up for storage? I would not like to have another bulky item to have on the truck. Please provide as much detail as possible if you reply. Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-24-2013, 08:30 PM
CurbAppealKS CurbAppealKS is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Wellington, KS
Posts: 448
Why not just open the back up and let it fly? That's what I do.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-24-2013, 08:36 PM
Hank3rd's Avatar
Hank3rd Hank3rd is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurbAppealKS View Post
Why not just open the back up and let it fly? That's what I do.
I did, but it shouts into the fence rails at one house even after bordering twice and also gets all over the place on a couple others. I have two others that I can leave it open at.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-24-2013, 09:30 PM
CurbAppealKS CurbAppealKS is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Wellington, KS
Posts: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank3rd View Post
I did, but it shouts into the fence rails at one house even after bordering twice and also gets all over the place on a couple others. I have two others that I can leave it open at.
Ok I see what you're saying now. I didnt understand it the first time.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-24-2013, 10:41 PM
ed2hess's Avatar
ed2hess ed2hess is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Austin Texas 78727
Posts: 11,861
That deflector breaks down rear nice but.....you will need to modify it to get it grass to go down. With the stock deflector I was throwing grass on the trim guys so I just wired about a 12 wide flap on it. I just opened my rear door a little bit to let grass slide out until I got the deflector.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-25-2013, 01:29 PM
Hank3rd's Avatar
Hank3rd Hank3rd is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
That deflector breaks down rear nice but.....you will need to modify it to get it grass to go down. With the stock deflector I was throwing grass on the trim guys so I just wired about a 12 wide flap on it. I just opened my rear door a little bit to let grass slide out until I got the deflector.
What do you mean by stock deflector? I did not get one with my unit. Also, can you explain how you made the 12" deflector? Pics maybe?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:26 AM.

Page generated in 0.07543 seconds with 9 queries