Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-25-2013, 12:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabrito88 View Post
ya thats true. People always have business cards on their fridge. hm. Maybe ill have to change my tactics.
Just make sure your business is presentable because if its not it might go in the trash also. The best part is that business cards are so much cheaper than flyers I made mine from vista print and I got the front color and back black and white with their top quality paper for 40 bucks for 1000 cards
Old 08-25-2013, 12:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmike View Post
Just make sure your business is presentable because if its not it might go in the trash also. The best part is that business cards are so much cheaper than flyers I made mine from vista print and I got the front color and back black and white with their top quality paper for 40 bucks for 1000 cards
Are you able to upload a picture of what you're trying to tell us?
Old 08-25-2013, 05:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
Are you able to upload a picture of what you're trying to tell us?
Well Im not saying my business cards are the best but I did take some time to design them the best I could from the business card maker on vistaprint.com I hope seeing mine helps you out maybe even make yours better.
Attached Images

Old 08-25-2013, 05:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Well Im not saying my business cards are the best but I did take some time to design them the best I could from the business card maker on vistaprint.com I hope seeing mine helps you out maybe even make yours better.
They look real nice I really like how it's glossy and how you mention your referral program. Do you tend to get good feedback on you referal program and how has it made your business grow?
Old 08-25-2013, 05:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
They look real nice I really like how it's glossy and how you mention your referral program. Do you tend to get good feedback on you referal program and how has it made your business grow?
Thank you, and This is my first year and its been a rough one! I got lots of calls from internet searches (a lot of Yelp), and door to door leaving business cards. I got about 4 accounts this year. 1 account never paid me so I stopped him, 1 account moved, and 1 account has been great always pays me on time, tells me how much better i am from her previous landscapers lol , and I just picked up one accoount to start this tuesday.

I got a late start due to consumer affairs taking forever with my license probably 2 and a half months late. I went on about 15-20 estimates this season i guess I was bidding to high (way to much competition in my area) so I am adjusting my pricing formula, hopefully I pick up some more.

I got a few one-time jobs from the business cards. I dont hand out business cards as much as I probably should, IT TAKES FOREVER. My best investment this year are my hedge trimmers I really hope I get more accounts in the fall and next spring.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I just read my refer a friend and i noticed a type o I changed it from you and your friend will receive a 20 credit but now it says "you A $20 credit" Im pissed I made the mistake hopefully not to many people realize it lol. Did you notice it Chuck Norris? lol
Old 08-25-2013, 05:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Thank you, and This is my first year and its been a rough one! I got lots of calls from internet searches (a lot of Yelp), and door to door leaving business cards. I got about 4 accounts this year. 1 account never paid me so I stopped him, 1 account moved, and 1 account has been great always pays me on time, tells me how much better i am from her previous landscapers lol , and I just picked up one accoount to start this tuesday.

I got a late start due to consumer affairs taking forever with my license probably 2 and a half months late. I went on about 15-20 estimates this season i guess I was bidding to high (way to much competition in my area) so I am adjusting my pricing formula, hopefully I pick up some more.

I got a few one-time jobs from the business cards. I dont hand out business cards as much as I probably should, IT TAKES FOREVER. My best investment this year are my hedge trimmers I really hope I get more accounts in the fall and next spring.
That's great that everything is coming together just make sure you do good work and are courteous to your clients and more work will come. It may be slow at first and before you know it you will have your schedule full.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
I just read my refer a friend and i noticed a type o I changed it from you and your friend will receive a 20 credit but now it says "you A $20 credit" Im pissed I made the mistake hopefully not to many people realize it lol. Did you notice it Chuck Norris? lol
No sir I didn't notice it at first but I just went back and looked at it and it looks like there is suppose the word *get* after you. ie. You get a $20 discount. But other than that it looks good. I would go ahead and push these cards out as fast as I could and just get some new ones made when you're almlst out. Unless you have the money for it already and it won't put you in a bind. But then again if you have lets say 200 of these cards left out of 500 then to make some new cards means you will be losing money one the cards you previously made. Although, if no customers have noticed it ie. Getting phone calls about it then I would just put out the rest and then order new ones when you're about to run out.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:25 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
No sir I didn't notice it at first but I just went back and looked at it and it looks like there is suppose the word *get* after you. ie. You get a $20 discount. But other than that it looks good. I would go ahead and push these cards out as fast as I could and just get some new ones made when you're almlst out. Unless you have the money for it already and it won't put you in a bind. But then again if you have lets say 200 of these cards left out of 500 then to make some new cards means you will be losing money one the cards you previously made. Although, if no customers have noticed it ie. Getting phone calls about it then I would just put out the rest and then order new ones when you're about to run out.
Im just going to hand them out anyway hopefully just as you read it and didnt notice it I hope not to many other people will. I think most will just read refer a friend and see the $20 credit. thanks for the advice.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:06 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Get your cards from gotprint. Vista print is expensive and takes forever