Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Hustler Turf Equip
User Name
Password
Home Products Find a Dealer News About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Hustler Turf Equip Lawn Mowers & Turf Care Equipment

Old 08-25-2013, 06:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Gasoline octane

Good day, I own the 42" Fast Trak SD and enjoying the season, fantastic results cutting. Have read different opinions concerning the fuel octane being used. I have been using 89 and read using 91 is better for the Kawasaki FX600V engine. Every other fill I use a little Lucas fuel cleaner and lubricator that I use on my cars, seems to keep everything in the system clean and running smooth. What are some opinions from the
hustler board?
Old 08-26-2013, 09:09 AM
Sponsor

When it comes to the engines and what's best from them, Hustler Turf and most equipment manufacturers we leave the thumbs up or thumbs down to the engine manufacture. If we knew better we would have our own engine. I would stay away from as fuels that are heavy in additives.

Brian O
Old 08-26-2013, 01:41 PM
LawnSite Member

i only use rec90 fuel,NO ETHANOL
go out to martin county petroleum in palm city and get some.also only use that with my 2 cycle stuff
Old 08-26-2013, 05:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Ethanol is bad news . I avoid it like the plague !
The local Stihl shop reckon it's caused the destruction of a lot of power equipment . I run all gas engines on the highest octane ( 98RON here ) .
With regard to DG's question , I've added moisture sequester to gas and diesel engines that have limited use-time . It's humid here in the summer , and sometimes not possible to use equipment for a month or more during a cyclone-wet . The cars gas tanks are vapour-sealed , but not the garden toys ;-)
Old 08-26-2013, 07:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Better get used to ethanol. It is here to stay. Dodging ethanol is like running from your shadow. Before Insane Husane leaves office you won’t be able to find anything but ethanol.