Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-26-2013, 09:32 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Mulching kit for Exmark

I was wondering who owns one or who has used a mulching kit for an Exmark Metro? I'm wondering if I should buy one or just stick with gator blades and a catcher for leaves.

Also, how long does it take to install and remove? Found one for $225
Old 08-26-2013, 11:00 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron mexico75 View Post
I was wondering who owns one or who has used a mulching kit for an Exmark Metro? I'm wondering if I should buy one or just stick with gator blades and a catcher for leaves.

Also, how long does it take to install and remove? Found one for $225
I would just buy an OCDC and keep side discharging... but when you want to mulch your leaves close the chute & if you then need to pick up the small pieces open it hang your bagger on the deck & now your bagging...
Old 08-26-2013, 12:44 PM
LawnSite Member

im curious if anyone has a mulch kit on a metro also
2012 exmark metro 36in
Stihl km130 weedeater with attachments
stihl fs100 weedeater
stihl ms 311 chainsaw
stihl br 600 magnum backpack blower

18 years old
Old 08-26-2013, 01:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaver View Post
I would just buy an OCDC and keep side discharging... but when you want to mulch your leaves close the chute & if you then need to pick up the small pieces open it hang your bagger on the deck & now your bagging...
You know, now that you say that I like that idea better. After I posted I was thinking how different properties require different ways of doing things. I'm solo and small so I got to thinking how much it would suck if I needed to bag with my 36 and that I couldn't with that kit on.

Do you know of an OCDC that would work with my Exmark 36" metro? Maybe a link or a site?
Old 08-26-2013, 02:53 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
You know, now that you say that I like that idea better. After I posted I was thinking how different properties require different ways of doing things. I'm solo and small so I got to thinking how much it would suck if I needed to bag with my 36 and that I couldn't with that kit on.

Do you know of an OCDC that would work with my Exmark 36" metro? Maybe a link or a site?
Here is the one I purchased, I did have to do a little mod work as so I can put the side bagger on side discharge or mulch with it.. I can post a pic of my mower tomorrow to show you exactly what I did.. but as far as the OCDC it bolted right on no problems...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Trimmertrap-...item3f2339ab99
Old 08-26-2013, 03:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Here is the one I purchased, I did have to do a little mod work as so I can put the side bagger on side discharge or mulch with it.. I can post a pic of my mower tomorrow to show you exactly what I did.. but as far as the OCDC it bolted right on no problems...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Trimmertrap-...item3f2339ab99
Cool thanks. I would be interested in seeing some pics and exactly what you had to mod and how you did it. I use an accelerator catcher if/when I bag so I would still like to just clip that on and go without too much hassle if that's even possible.
Old 08-26-2013, 03:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Now I was reading that link to eBay and saw this;

Blade Blocker is not intended to be used as a mulching plate or in the place of the discharge shield. Its purpose is to temporarily block the discharge opening in order to prevent large volumes of grass clippings from being discharged onto areas where they are not desired.

Is that for liability reasons the company puts that on there? Or, is it truly not meant for say, leaf cleanup, and it would cause other issues? I take it you have had your for a while and mulched leaves before?
Old 08-26-2013, 03:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Now I was reading that link to eBay and saw this;

Blade Blocker is not intended to be used as a mulching plate or in the place of the discharge shield. Its purpose is to temporarily block the discharge opening in order to prevent large volumes of grass clippings from being discharged onto areas where they are not desired.

Is that for liability reasons the company puts that on there? Or, is it truly not meant for say, leaf cleanup, and it would cause other issues? I take it you have had your for a while and mulched leaves before?
Here are some pics of the mowers I have now... It does not hurt a thing.. I have mulched the heck out of some lawns & leaves using them & know quit a few people also that have no problems, but it is no mulch kit.. The first pic of my walkbehind is how I had it the first season until fall then I changed it so I could put the bagger on also if needed without taking the chute off.. I will have those pics of it tomorrow ...

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=372084
Old 08-27-2013, 10:32 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Here are some pics of the mowers I have now... It does not hurt a thing.. I have mulched the heck out of some lawns & leaves using them & know quit a few people also that have no problems, but it is no mulch kit.. The first pic of my walkbehind is how I had it the first season until fall then I changed it so I could put the bagger on also if needed without taking the chute off.. I will have those pics of it tomorrow ...

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=372084
Ok good to know. I guess the company says these aren't meant for mulching just to cover their rears since it's not technically a mulch kit?

Yeah, I'd like to see a close up of how you have these on in order to attach an accelerator catcher. I just can't imagine how it looks because it seems that plate covers the rail over the exmarks discharge area where the accelerators lip or "hook" grabs onto.
Old 08-27-2013, 12:27 PM
LawnSite Member

The blade blocker will just send all the grass to the blocking point and lay it in a straight line clump along the right side, it does not mulch at all