Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-25-2013, 10:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Accelerator Bagger vs. Power Bagger?

I just wanted to get a few opinions on a side mount bagger I am thinking of purchasing. I have a 2012 simplicity citation zero turn mower

http://www.acceleratorindustries.com/index.html

I am starting to prepare for leaf season coming up soon and I already have a power bagger for my other Ztr. I came across these and was curious if anyone has used or know of anyone who had used these and if they had any luck with them? I figure since I'm a small company that just started this spring and cash is gonna be tight and I don't wanna have to worry about spending all my capital on a power bagger(which is $3,000) when I could get one of these side hoppers for nearly 1/4 the price to at least get me through this fall with leaves. (I like to pay cash for everything so I don't have a larger overhead them I could handle) Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!
Old 08-25-2013, 11:23 PM
LawnSite Member

I have a accelerator bagger that's a aluminum cage. It's a nightmare to use when dry out cause of the dust and debris sticking to every inch of your body. It does a good job though just a pain to empty. It's not really comparable to a power bagger.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:05 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9ball1018 View Post
I have a accelerator bagger that's a aluminum cage. It's a nightmare to use when dry out cause of the dust and debris sticking to every inch of your body. It does a good job though just a pain to empty. It's not really comparable to a power bagger.
You do know that Accelerator offers a dust kit?
Old 08-26-2013, 01:37 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer_Z View Post
Really? Have a link to such a thing?

As for the OP, I have both for my Lazer and they really dont compare. Accel fills up quick with leaves. I can do almost a whole poperty with my protero Vac. I started off with the accel and its better than nothing, but not ideal for leaf season. They do make extensions so you can up capacity but cant chime in on how well they work.

PlowSite-SnowFakers
Old 08-26-2013, 05:08 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandFakers View Post
Really? Have a link to such a thing?

As for the OP, I have both for my Lazer and they really dont compare. Accel fills up quick with leaves. I can do almost a whole poperty with my protero Vac. I started off with the accel and its better than nothing, but not ideal for leaf season. They do make extensions so you can up capacity but cant chime in on how well they work.
Here ya go fellow Rob http://www.acceleratorindustries.com/Dust.htm

I'll second this, unless you would run them over multiple times, but that's just a straight up pain. The accelerator catchers are great catchers in dry or wet, you have very little clogging problems in the wet. I'd probably go with a powered bagger for leaves, Accelerator does offer an extension for their Jumbo catcher, it's pretty pricey at $978.00 that's retail, so your dealer might be a little cheaper. You're close to $1K for the accelerator, what's another $2K for a powered system?
Old 08-26-2013, 07:02 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer_Z View Post
I hardly ever use it enough to get the dust jacket. I'll keep it as is for someone to use when they get on my bad side.