Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 07-24-2013, 12:01 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

used atrimec for the first time today

have a couple of samples lying around so i used it on some viburnum and pinwheel jasmine. Shall see how it works...gonna use cutless next on other stuff.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:38 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Gardener View Post
have a couple of samples lying around so i used it on some viburnum and pinwheel jasmine. Shall see how it works...gonna use cutless next on other stuff.
attrimmec works well on the viburnum - did your trim just prior to application? If so it will keep them very tight, if you waited a week after trimming it will slow growth , does not APPEAR to hold as well IMHO

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 07-24-2013, 09:51 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscape Poet View Post
attrimmec works well on the viburnum - did your trim just prior to application? If so it will keep them very tight, if you waited a week after trimming it will slow growth , does not APPEAR to hold as well IMHO
On the viburnum yes right after...the pinwheel jasmine were cut back hard a few months ago and are now where i want em so they havent been pruned prior to the app but Im sure it will work fine. I saw on the label that it controls fig vine. I have one property that has a front wall of it that will def be getting sprayed.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I need to also start using it on eugenia...that same property with the fig vine has like 6 topiaries that it would work great on. Have you used it on Indian hawthorne? I saw that was on the label too.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:01 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Gardener View Post
I need to also start using it on eugenia...that same property with the fig vine has like 6 topiaries that it would work great on. Have you used it on Indian hawthorne? I saw that was on the label too.
Not on hawthorne...I have used on eugenia topiaries and it works very well with them. My big three uses are these, viburnum, ligustrum, and eugenia. I know there is more but those or my biggest priorities as they consume the majority of my time on many properties..

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 08-25-2013, 11:25 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

My PGR's haven't worked for crap this year with all the rain. It's either too wet in the morning or it rains too soon in the afternoon. Back to biweekly trimming for a few more weeks.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:46 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
My PGR's haven't worked for crap this year with all the rain. It's either too wet in the morning or it rains too soon in the afternoon. Back to biweekly trimming for a few more weeks.
i am experiencing similiar results. This year has been hit and miss on getting great results. some viburnum i have got to hold very tight for over two months and others maybe three weeks. The last round i applied was on the lighter side as i am officially out of attrimec. They were done at half rates and essentially offered little to no control. I purchase by the gallon so i have been hesitent to drop that kind of coin these late in the season but it is going to have to be done
Old 08-26-2013, 11:26 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Anybody out there use Embark?
Old 08-27-2013, 08:32 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Florida Lawns View Post
Anybody out there use Embark?
Nope, I see it all the time at a local irrigation supply house but I read reviews on here about Gordons and have stuck with it.