Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-25-2013, 10:01 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brycesepp View Post
Well i appreciate the in put fellas i need to find some mulching blade for my zg124 then, went and bought some new high lift blades the other day and they said they havent come out with mulching kits for them yet.. Oh and they charged me a pretty penny of 68 bucks for those new blades!!
I run the wavy blades on my 36" snapper pro WB. I don't have a true mulch kit, just a chute blocker. It works fine and I've been doing it that way for years. They work pretty well. They have a little lift to them to help keep the clippings suspended. I side discharge with them on occasion when I have a property big enough to side discharge. Most of my properties are too small to side discharge. It blows clippings in all of the beds. Another plus to mulching.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:22 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver_GA View Post
I run the wavy blades on my 36" snapper pro WB. I don't have a true mulch kit, just a chute blocker. It works fine and I've been doing it that way for years. They work pretty well. They have a little lift to them to help keep the clippings suspended. I side discharge with them on occasion when I have a property big enough to side discharge. Most of my properties are too small to side discharge. It blows clippings in all of the beds. Another plus to mulching.
I run a plate on my stander in the summer and kit in winter. The plate works well. I usually double cut to finely cut everything up in the summer as the St Augustine grows like crazy. Good thing about the plate is it is easy to take off if needed. The kit not so much...
Old 08-25-2013, 06:43 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

[/FONT]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanderhoff Landscaping View Post
I just mulch em so there's nothing to haul away.
Same here.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:28 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

side discharge with G6 gator blades. looks fine with very minimal clippings left on the lawn. can't even notice them normally but this wet, raining 3 days a week of a year things are a bit uglier. oh well. still i've had no complaints so everything is cool.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:41 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeze View Post
side discharge with G6 gator blades. looks fine with very minimal clippings left on the lawn. can't even notice them normally but this wet, raining 3 days a week of a year things are a bit uglier. oh well. still i've had no complaints so everything is cool.
Me too. The G6s seem to work really well. If growth is heavy, we sometimes double cut the clumped parts or run the blowers a bit to disperse the clumps or clippings.

We bag some small lawns where there is no room to shoot the clippings. I think I need an OCDC for those.

Supah-Duty
Exmark-Gravely-Scag
Stihl-Redmax
Old 08-27-2013, 10:03 PM
LawnSite Member

A friend of mine who mows a crap load more than I do, bags almost every lawn. He does several commercial properties and says its easier cause he doesn't have to pick up trash. I side discharge and double cut when needed (and keep a 5g bucket with a picker for trash). I can't imagine the man hrs spent per season messing with all those clippings....
Old 08-27-2013, 10:41 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

i worked for a company many, many years ago. we bagged everything with walker mowers but we always dumped the clippings on site in the woods or by the road or whatever. we never hauled them away. the city used to pick up clippings and so forth. these days they don't pick up anything except tree limbs. any clippings have to be put in trash bags by the road nowdays. forget that.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

DUMP INSERT!!!!!! Or a more expensive solution would be to get a dump truck...

Old 08-28-2013, 08:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimslawncareservice View Post
Dump insert. Buy a dump truck. Buy a trailer that dumps in the front off to the side. Cheap way is to use a load handler in the truck bed. I don't bag much grass any more. I bag leaves in the fall and bag for spring clean ups. I just use my dump for that.
a dump insert is really useful if you're doing a lot of bagging. pitchforking clippings out of a truckbed sucks. I have a mason dump now and a dumping rack body that I mow with and couldn't imagine mowing with just a pickup - but I bag a lot of clippings. on a normal day of mowing in springtime I will easily have 4-5 cubic yards of clippings on my dump truck.
(2) 2012 bobcat 48'' classic pro wb's
stihl br 600 backpacks
husky saws, trimmers, etc...
18' Doolittle enclosed trailer
monster 18hp truck loader
yanmar vio40 excavator