Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-27-2013, 01:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Expanding Business

Im 17 and have been mowing about 15 lawns since I was 9. I would like to expand my business next year to make more money during college. Im hoping to build up to 30 accounts in the next two years. I was wondering what I would have to do to legally. Would I have to register a business name?
Old 08-28-2013, 01:41 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJRB View Post
Im 17 and have been mowing about 15 lawns since I was 9. I would like to expand my business next year to make more money during college. Im hoping to build up to 30 accounts in the next two years. I was wondering what I would have to do to legally. Would I have to register a business name?
To be "legal" you would need to go to your secretary of state website to form a business name. Then get insurance and workers comp. If you can find a good bookkeeper in your city, they can actually get everything legal for you as far as business name. But you can find insurance from any insurance agency around your area. If you don't feel like doing the bookkeeper thing then just google how to make my business legal and you will find how to videos on YouTube.