Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-27-2013, 12:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Toro wheel wobbles

Hi i have a toro 21 inch mower 2 cycle engine. Model number 206684 Made in 1987, Love this thin runs great. My trouble is the right back wheel is wobbly. I trided replacing the cup and bushing But the bushing fell out of the of the pivot arm. Should i replace the pivoit arm? Has any one else had this problem.? I am open to any ideas

heres the parts diagram

http://www.mowpart.com/parts_lookup#...3|~167005-0004
Old 08-28-2013, 08:33 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I don't understand, that diagram shows the left wheel but it would seem you need to replace the wheel itself, not sure about that bushing you speak of.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:42 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

xxl, replace the pivot arm as well as anything else that appears to be worn. Any worn parts not replaced may cause premature wear on replaced parts. I've repaired hundreds of those units when I was in a Toro shop and they are a super little unit. When we hit a repair of this nature, everything from the deck on out was replaced--just a precaution against comebacks. You have to use your own judgment on the amount you want to spend on an older unit. Check the condition of the deck engagement button on the back side of the spring arms--when they get loose they will eat up the cast aluminum deck notches.

The 2 and 4 stroke Suzuki equipped Toro cast aluminum deck models were superb units and if serviced properly, would last for years. Each of my kids have a similar unit that I rehabbed from junked out units and they are still running. The problem now is that Suzuki parts are very pricey, if not discontinued. I had one come in recently with a bent crank and if I remember, a replacement crank was in excess of $250.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:49 PM
LawnSite Member

I think i might replace the piviot arm. The bushing is not staying in place and falls out makes the whell wobbly