Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-27-2013, 10:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Toro 36" Mulching Kit

Now it's not a kit i want but simply a steel plate that bolts on where the bagger or shute would. It throws the grass down instead of the side discharge. Saw it on a mower and was wondering where i could get one. Here is a picture of it.
Attached Images
File Type: png Untitled-1.png (1.10 MB, 33 views)
Old 08-28-2013, 05:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Just go to a welding shop and have them fab one with tabs that you can use where the existing side discharge bolt would go, should cost under 100 to get done.

The mulch kit for this is an insert that bolts through the deck closing off each blade area, and adds closes off the discharge. It doesn't close it off flat, but rounded. I know this device well as I took it off when changing spindles to hammer out, repaint and weld back a couple of the diverter tabs inside.

I don't know anyone who makes a plate by itself, but without it being baffled, my guess is you are going to unevenly distribute clippings that way, unless you just want to cut up leaves this fall, in which case, it will work better than no discharge chute, but not a whole lot.

If you are looking for a REALLY cheap option....DUCT TAPE, lots of DUCT tape. Easy on/easy off, just don't hit anything sharp. Good luck.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ok thanks, it's not really a big deal but i also have a bagger, so at least that's better than nothing, i also have the shute but i haven't really cut many lawns since i got this mower and i have feeling the side discharge would put a lot of clippings in flower beds since i cut residential lawns, thanks for the tips though

maybe i can get some red duct tape to match the mower...lol