Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-03-2013, 02:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeNut View Post
Is Davey tree satisfied with the amount they will get?
Their arborist did the revisit. I figure they have a set rate for removal since they are working hand and hand in this.
Old 08-03-2013, 03:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Ya can't assume anything with DuPont. There is at least one person on this listserve who had Davey tree complaining to them that DuPont didn't pay them enough to get the job done..can't remember who that was...
Old 08-05-2013, 10:31 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramtrolll View Post
Finally got my 2nd resolution and i'm happy with it, problem is 2 of the 10 trees due for removal i want to keep as they block the side road and seem to be coming back. can you refuse to have the removal company remove them?
You do not have to get trees removed. You can also get dupont to pay you directly for removal, then you can use this to get your own company to remove trees, or keep the money if you don't want them removed.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:02 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailter View Post
You do not have to get trees removed. You can also get dupont to pay you directly for removal, then you can use this to get your own company to remove trees, or keep the money if you don't want them removed.
Thats good news being able to keep the trees even though they are damaged, i accepted my resolution though and mailed it. Maybe after i get my check i'll bug them for the tree removal money so i can have my own guy take the ones that are really bad down and pocket the rest? or since i accepted the resolution i'm out of luck?
Old 08-07-2013, 10:30 PM
LawnSite Member

Bailter---I have left you a 'visitor message' --- I don't seem able to leave a 'private message' --- am needing a contact for DuPont other than the helpline folks.
Thanks!
R
Old 08-09-2013, 11:54 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michmom View Post
Bailter---I have left you a 'visitor message' --- I don't seem able to leave a 'private message' --- am needing a contact for DuPont other than the helpline folks.
Thanks!
R
I replied. Sorry for the delay. Hope it helps
Old 08-09-2013, 12:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Our trees are being replaced TODAY!!--as I write this!
Old 08-09-2013, 04:20 PM
LawnSite Member

Interesting day. As my new trees are being planted, I got a 'curtisey' call from our LCO, who had originally treated our claim as part of our 19 home HOA that was all sprayed at once. He read the resolution to me over the phone, and I must say that I am glad I stuck with litigation! They completely ignored two dead deciduous trees, and called my VonDerWolf Pine a White Pine. Vonderwolf's are more expensive.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Hello.

Has anyone received payment, and then decided that they did not want to remove some of the trees designated for removal? What happens then? Do the LCO's get paid in advance when they are designated as the tree removers? Just curious. Thanks.
Old 08-29-2013, 04:41 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytnk View Post
Hello.

Has anyone received payment, and then decided that they did not want to remove some of the trees designated for removal? What happens then? Do the LCO's get paid in advance when they are designated as the tree removers? Just curious. Thanks.
my lco told me i do not have to remove any trees if i don't want too, you still get paid for them even if you keep them...they check off the trees they do remove and get paid for what they remove...its been almost a month since they received my signed resolution... i feel like Ralphie every day waiting for his orphan annie decoder ring to come in the mail ...i mean geez how long does it take..