Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-28-2013, 10:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Alright guys. Shred me up again. I've made a few changes.

I did decided to keep my domain - CalebKnighten.com

Where I'll be doing business people know my name and know the Knighten name. It keeps me from needing to put "Caleb Knighten - Owner" on my cards. In a small town like Ridgeway, Va people can link everything together. "Knighten's Outdoor Services. CalebKnighten.com."

I decided to keep the wedding picture. I got married 14 months ago and I'm happy for possible clients to see that. My wife is gorgeous and seeing my ugly face next to hers instantly begins to build trust with a large percentage of those who may need my services. If an elderly woman is looking to have a tree removed who would she call? Some random guy off craigslist who she's never seen before or a young, married man in a tuxedo? I think I know the answer to that...

I've already addressed the license issue. I haven't launched all the way yet. In fact, I still have several months before that happens and I plan to take care of several licenses during this time.

The waterscapes- I've built one and have only a few pictures of when it was being constructed (shh. don't tell my possible clients). Gotta start somewhere folks. I would make it known after getting a lead for such a job that I'm knew to the specific type of job, I'd give them a great deal on the labor, I'd read a lot, take my time, and learn a lot through the process. I'll try to get pictures up of the project to help build credibility.

That's all I've got.

Thanks in advance for your feedback. Don't hold it back
Old 08-29-2013, 01:00 PM
LawnSite Member

SEO, SEO, SEO.

Without good SEO, a site is just something floating around the internet. Your domain name should reflect what you do and be key to what people search. Your title page and text must contain searchable words. People don't search for Caleb to have their lawns mowed, they search, "Lawn mowing", "Best lawncare", "Cheap lawn services" etc. They also search locations, like "Mowing company Harrisonburg", "Harrisonburg Lawncare" and so on. Think about how you search for something. If you want a pizza delivered you wouldn't search "George Wilson", you'd search "Pizza delivery 22811" or whatever zip code you may be in.

Make it easy for someone to find you. Make it easy for someone to do business with you. Make it easy for someone to want to be your Customer. People are born with a desire to say yes, but are conditioned to say NO. Make it so saying YES is a happy thing.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:18 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK Mows View Post
SEO, SEO, SEO.

Without good SEO, a site is just something floating around the internet. Your domain name should reflect what you do and be key to what people search. Your title page and text must contain searchable words. People don't search for Caleb to have their lawns mowed, they search, "Lawn mowing", "Best lawncare", "Cheap lawn services" etc. They also search locations, like "Mowing company Harrisonburg", "Harrisonburg Lawncare" and so on. Think about how you search for something. If you want a pizza delivered you wouldn't search "George Wilson", you'd search "Pizza delivery 22811" or whatever zip code you may be in.

Make it easy for someone to find you. Make it easy for someone to do business with you. Make it easy for someone to want to be your Customer. People are born with a desire to say yes, but are conditioned to say NO. Make it so saying YES is a happy thing.
Well said.