Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-13-2013, 07:45 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

dispersal

Is there anything i can do to get better dispersal on this aerocore deck? now that we've had rain and cooler weather it's like spring all over again and all my problems have come back, not that they ever went away there just wasn't much to cut. I have it set up just like the dealer did after i took it back and its terrible, nearly embarrasing to see how it leaves a customers lawn looking. I really need something done to correct this
Old 08-15-2013, 11:27 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

bumpity bump
Old 08-17-2013, 10:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Don't have an answer for you but I'm interested in hearing suggestions. I was thinking about getting the G3 Gator blades on Amazon for the 52" to help with cut quality and dispersal. G5 and G6 are 2 thick and wide and slow the 19HP engine down. I was triple cutting this week. What a waste of time and money.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:37 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

That's crazy to hear you guys are having that big of a problem side discharging. I have to make 2 passes in the thick of summer but i have a 36" with a plate...and really the first pass gets most of the grass...i just like to leave the place looking great...
Old 08-17-2013, 10:49 PM
LawnSite Member

I don't know what the problem is. I have to cut at 4.0" then the second pass I go 3.75" if I go any lower I start scalping. I have baffle installed and stock blades. The second pass clears up clippings but also gets stragglers and uncut grass from the front wheels bending down the grass. For some reason the mower has trouble lifting the bent grass up. I do a diamond cut pattern. Vertical or horizontal then a diagonal.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:40 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I cut mostly fescue and bluegrass, some thick, some thin, some with weeds, some grow fast, some grow slow. Even some patches of southern grasses on some yards. Basically cut everything, and it doesn't cut or discharge well on anything. All cut 3.5-4". Same issue the vacuum sucks, and if I run high lifts the blowout is terrible and also clumps even worse. Mine has the aerocore deck on it. Pretty disappointed with the performance of it
Old 08-30-2013, 08:02 PM
LawnSite Member

I have a 52 inch x with the 22 that was bought new this year. I had horrible problems with it cutting all year long. I honestly thought it was the worst machine I've ever owned and I swore that I would never buy a wright again. After double cutting everything all year long I got completly feed up with it and decieded to try doubles and adjust the deck. First off when I checked the deck I was amazed to find that the discharge side was almost a full inch lower then the left. It never acted like it was on a lawn just cut like crap who knows how long it was like... . So I set the deck and pitched it 1/4 inch front to back bolted on 2 low lift straight SCAG blades with 4 spacers on bottom and 2 on top. I am so impressed that it makes ms sick I didn't try it sooner. There was major blowout at first so I switched to 3 spacers top and bottom and made a blowout baffle. I have to apologize to wright for trash talking there machine. This is one of the nicest cutting mowers I have ever operated, has a ton of vacuum, and packs the bagger rediculously hard Just ordered a set of SCAG eliminators to run over the low lifts and can't wait for them to get here. I was tempted to try high lifts and the eliminators but I thought it might be a little to much for the 22. Here's a pic of the baffle.
Attached Images

Old 09-03-2013, 06:45 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

what is the part number of the scag blades you are using? got any more pics of the modified baffle?
Old 09-19-2013, 06:48 PM
LawnSite Member

Sorry for the delay in response. I ended up making a new more sturdy baffle. I'm actually not sure of the part number for the blades, my local SCAG dealer always have them in stock. I believe they are just standard lift 18 inch blades with a 5/8 hole. With the new baffle I haven't had any blowout what so ever and it will also cut long grass fine with out leaving stringers. All I did was remove the baffle and used aluminum sheeting and shaped it to the baffle and then made brackets for it to bolt to the baffle bolts. Was cheap, quick to make and most of all works. I also an old bagger and cut out to where it hooks to the deck then made a mulch plate with steel and aluminum and screwed the to together and used the old door clamp from the bagger to clamp it to the back of the deck. Now I have a mulch plate that I can take on and off as easy as a bagger. Works OK with the standard blades on leaves but my mulch blades will be here tomorrow and I'll really be able to test it.
Attached Images

Old 09-19-2013, 07:14 PM
LawnSite Member

I forgot to mention that I'm also now running 2 spacers on bottom and 4 on top and it seems to be working well right now. How do you sharpen your blades Kawasaki? I was using a lesco grinder with an old worn out wheel before. It would do ok but you had to freehand the angle because the wheel was so worn and it would never come out smooth. I've since replaced the wheel and I'm now getting a smooth finish at an exact 35 degree angle. I touch all six blades up with a few passes every day now. I think having perfectly sharpened blades at all times has made the biggest improvement on cut quality yet. It seems the aero core deck is very very picky with blade sharpness.